Report from 10K

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
I'm over 11,000 miles also. Since May 3 delivery, with two weeks of vacation when the car sat.

My long days are up to 130 miles. Typical day is 80-90 miles. I've hit turtle 8 times now (the first two were walking events, but that doesn't happen any more). It's normal for me to regularly drive many miles into VeryLowBattery
You're certainly getting your money's worth. That's a very impressive number of miles though I'm not sure how many people would be willing to live as dangerously as you do. :D

SanDust said:
TonyWilliams said:
My long days are up to 130 miles. Typical day is 80-90 miles. I've hit turtle 8 times now (the first two were walking events, but that doesn't happen any more). It's normal for me to regularly drive many miles into VeryLowBattery
You're certainly getting your money's worth. That's a very impressive number of miles though I'm not sure how many people would be willing to live as dangerously as you do. :D
No kidding - I still haven't gotten to low battery warning or zero bars - but only about 3700 mi so far in 4 mo.

SanDust said:
That's a very impressive number of miles though I'm not sure how many people would be willing to live as dangerously as you do. :D

Well... danger... there's not much of that. There's a greater danger of getting a flat tire 40 miles from home and waiting hours for a tow truck.

The danger of coming up short to my house is a bit of a walk. I live in one of the most agreeable climates to homo sapiens on the planet. I think I'll survive.

But, for me to get the job done requires careful planning and knowing the limits. The last 6 turtle events ALL got me into my garage. Every one. So, there's not much danger.

If we had Quick Chargers, or I had an extended battery, or both, I'd be MUCH happier.

Back