Research panel invitation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 300 mile range is the issue that may kill electric cars, if consumers truly will not buy one without it... thats a 100kwh pack. Visualize the cost.

Herm said:
That 300 mile range is the issue that may kill electric cars, if consumers truly will not buy one without it... thats a 100kwh pack. Visualize the cost.

Well I'm not saying I need that by next week. :lol: But in 5 years time, maybe a 100kWh pack will cost what a 24kWh pack costs today. Maybe. ;)

mwalsh said:
Herm said:

Well I'm not saying I need that by next week. :lol: But in 5 years time, maybe a 100kWh pack will cost what a 24kWh pack costs today. Maybe. ;)

And would need an ~12-18kW onboard charger to keep the charge times in line with what is expected for overnight charging.

So guess who our special guests were at the breakfast meeting this morning....yes the same guys from the focus group. And it turns out that it was Hyundai they worked for.

I personally think we had a more open and frank discussion "off the clock" and without the harsh glare of the focus group room, with it's video cameras and one-sided mirror. Though I can see how chatting with us socially may not have met some specific information gathering goals they had.

So these guys were from product planning, and their work occurs around 5 years out from anything that may (or may not) end up going into production. So don't go cancel your LEAF reservations in anticipation of a Hyundai EV coming to market soon. ;)

mwalsh said:
So guess who our special guests were at the breakfast meeting this morning....yes the same guys from the focus group. And it turns out that it was Hyundai they worked for.

After reading about Thursday group and particpating on Friday, I am not surprised at all to learn that it was Hyundai. I welcome as many manufacturers as possible to enter the BEV fold.

Interesting note:
The Volt owners Focus Group apparently included 3 owners, but (I was told) they all refused to bring their cars, apparently thinking it was some kind of scam!

Proud to say, the LEAF owners showed up in force. Maybe more of us are sufficiently "down to earth" folks to want to participate? :D

If I had known, I could have brought my neighbor's Volt down. We often swap cars...

garygid said:
Interesting note:
The Volt owners Focus Group apparently included 3 owners, but (I was told) they all refused to bring their cars, apparently thinking it was some kind of scam!

Hyundai has been hitting a lot of homeruns lately so dont be too surprised if they come up with a BEV. The Sonata Hybrid is the first one to use a long life lithium pack, and Hyundai has a good relationship with LG batteries.

Ya know, Hyundai is getting aggressive with battery tech. The new Sonata Hybrid has a LiPo battery which is a first as far as I know. I also really like the look of the new Elantra. If they did an EV and kept their legacy of low prices it would be a hit!

Back