Returned 2012 Lease

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmobob

Hi all, It's been great owning a LEAF, definitely one of the most fun cars I've owned. I turned my 2012 SL with 33k miles yesterday. I was thinking of buying it out but the residual is way too high. I got myself a used fully loaded 2012 Volt with 42k miles for exactly $15k at another dealership in CT in pristine condition, leather, bose, rear view cam except GPS. So far I really like the volt except for the fact that it has really bad rear visibility, other than that the suspension on the Volt is tuned more sporty and less on the comfort side, im fine with that. Surprisingly when you floor the accelerator on the volt even in sport mode it doesn't feel as torquey as the Leaf but when you look at the speedometer you do see the speed climbing faster than the leaf would.

I have a 2" tow hitch I removed from the leaf, If anyone is interested I'm giving it away for free, local pickup, I'm in westchester NY, all you would need to buy is two big machine bolts from home depot or somewhere and fish on to the chassis frame, the other two bolts that go on the passenger side I was able to remove before turning in the car. I'll post pictures of it later.

How was the lease inspection and turn in? Did you have any scratches or anything that costed you?

My first inspection is Monday. :)

Nmac called me and told me to call a company called AIM (alliance inspection management) about a month before the car was due, made an appointment and they came over the house, a day before they did I detailed the interior myself with good old dish washer soap and a nilon brush (the rear seats where really bad since I have a toddler that loved spilling back there) . The inspection guy said all looks good, he noted a total of 12 scratches and 4 minor dents, all added up to $365 "non chargeable". There is an allowance but he didn't tell me how high before they actually charge you the $. He also noted the tires where 7/32 depth. When I went to return it they made me sign one sheet of paper stating they received the car with the millage noted. I'm not sure if they forgot but they did not charge me the $395 disposition fee, that is unless they will send me that bill over the mail.

elmobob said:
He also noted the tires where 7/32 depth. When I went to return it they made me sign one sheet of paper stating they received the car with the millage noted. I'm not sure if they forgot but they did not charge me the $395 disposition fee, that is unless they will send me that bill over the mail.
I think you will get billed the $395 disposition fee and any other charges (e.g. for damage) later.

I turned in my '13 Leaf at lease end on 7/27/15. I'm still waiting for the above.

Back