San Diego Nov 11 Movie "Revenge of eCar" & Nov 12 w/Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SanDust said:
I went with a group to see the show on Saturday night. Not many people in the theater which I hope isn't typical. The show was fun and entertaining, at least if you have an interest in electric cars. Here was the reaction to the characters:

1. Bob Lutz -- everybody liked him.
2. Gadget -- everybody liked him but thought he was an idiot for not having insurance.
3. Carlos Ghosn -- no one liked him.
4. Elon Musk -- no one liked him and thought he was out of his depth.

Well, I can't say for sure what other people thought.. But based on some of the laughs, boos, and other noises I heard during the Houston showing, I got the impression Lutz wasn't very likable, especially when he said he didn't believe in climate change. A lot of people laughed, including my wife, when at the end it said Ghosn was asked to run GM and declined. Although, I'm not entirely sure of that statement's validity. While yes I believe he was asked, I don't think he was asked directly by GM rather by another group proposing a merger of Nissan and GM. I could be wrong, though.

Personally, I could see how Ghosn might appear evil. He sort of looks the part of a super villain. He also never laughs or jokes around, he is always so serious in any interview I've ever seen. However, I'm a big fan of Ghosn and I wished the movie had spent more time with him.

I'm also a huge fan of Elon. He's like my hero. He's roughly the same age as me, and If I had millions of Dollars to spend, I would have also started an electric car company and an aerospace company. The fact that he's been able to achieve what he has speaks volumes. The movie simply portrayed some of the tough spots that start up companies go through.

As a follow-up to the Quick Charging adventures covered on the previous page, I had intended to relate my experience with using that charger. Since I've now written that up on another thread, I'll just post a link to it. In effect, I was apparently able to get a charge without altering my timers or doing anything else unusual in the car.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7156&p=157858#p157858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back