San Fernando valley leafers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, I live in Northridge, bought my 2011 SL at Fontana Nissan (due to their presence on this forum in the early days and their discount from MSRP) and have had all of my service done (4x in 2 years, per the manual) at First Nissan in Simi. I can recommend both highly.

Alas, I don't drive over the Simi hump often enough to know the penalty, but I think it's about 1.5 bars or so each way for the grade (about 3-4 miles of distance each way). And I don't know about costs for charging at Metrolink. They just put in some J1772-compliant chargers in the past year or so after having the old small-paddle inductive units gathering rust for a number of years. But DO let us know once you find out...

Why would you need four services in 2 years? Other than the annual battery report, there is no required service in that interval for the normal service schedule. Tire rotation is recommended - but not actually required - every 7,500 miles but that can be done anywhere, and brake fluid every two or three years...

ahagge said:
have had all of my service done (4x in 2 years, per the manual) at First Nissan in Simi.

TomT said:
Why would you need four services in 2 years? Other than the annual battery report, there is no required service in that interval for the normal service schedule. Tire rotation is recommended - but not actually required - every 7,500 miles but that can be done anywhere, and brake fluid every two or three years...

ahagge said:
have had all of my service done (4x in 2 years, per the manual) at First Nissan in Simi.
I took it in at the 6-month interval to rotate the tires. And one or two of those also involved firmware updates. No charge, so no big deal... :)

Back