Schneider EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smkettner said:
Schneider is now $800 at HD :(

They must be shipping a lot of these.

Well, $799 actualy. a $70 increase from the previous $729 price.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202963679/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess I bought it at the right time ... just installed today, paid $679 + local tax from HD, free freight -- nice compact unit with very heavy-duty cable. Only wish the 'nozzle' was able to snap-into something, hopefully these are pretty durable if they take a fall but as they appear to be the same 'in the wild' we should be OK:

IMG_0361.JPG

redLEAF said:
I guess I bought it at the right time ... just installed today, paid $679 + local tax from HD, free freight -- nice compact unit with very heavy-duty cable.

That's the deal I got. Unit should be arriving next week. I wonder if we are seeing a little dynamic pricing.

Mine is also on the wall and charging as of today. That main cable sure is bulky and heavy compared to the Nissan Panasonic.
I am still a little miffed that the coupon code would not work when I bought mine :|
Nice looking unit though. I am happy.

Ordered mine on the 26th of Sept from Home Depot. Shipped on 10/3 and arrived today (10/10). Easy install since I prewired a 60A subpanel in the garage during our recent home remodel for this day. Took about 30 minutes. The plastic outer case looks modern and sleek, but honestly feels cheap and fragile. Worried a little about breaking the case during the install. Overall, very pleased. Just need an electric car. Maybe trade in our 2008 Prius? Installed now to to take advantage of the 30% EVSE credit while available. In the current political climate, it seems unlikely that Congress will extend it (IMHO).

EVSE.jpg

Just a note that I have really come to like the Schneider as it displays the number of hours charging and holds that display until disconnected. So every morning I can see how many hours the vehicle charged.

I bought mine at $799 and was really irritated by the price jump. Then, the promo code would not work. I emailed HD expressing my dissatisfaction as I had been trying to order it for a month at the lower price with the promo code. They apologized for the price increase and honored the $50 promo to help make up for it. It pays to complain. I have UPS tracking and it should be here in a few days.

I forgot to mention that I was so excited to see HD had it in stock when I ordered it (at $729) that I forgot to type in the promo code. After I finalized my order, HD quickly sent an email indicating that it WAS on backorder. After waiting to see if it shipped quickly (as one poster noted) for a few days, I eventually contacted HD to inquire about how long it would be before shipping. I told them if it was going to be awhile, I was inclined to cancel my order and resubmit it with the promo code. After waiting patiently while I scoured the internet looking for the promo code for a few minutes, customer service just said "I believe you" and applied the $50 credit (yea HD customer service). Indeed, it pays to follow up. Final price after free shipping and local taxes $718 and change. :D. Worked enough with the local state electrical inspector during a permitted, remodel self-wire, that the electrical inspector didn't even feel the need to inspect it when I contacted him.

I have created a PhotoBucket album of the electrical work done at my house & garage, if anyone is interested in viewing it:

http://s461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/mitch672/2011%20EV%20work/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mitch672 said:
I have created a PhotoBucket album of the electrical work done at my house & garage, if anyone is interested in viewing it:

http://s461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/mitch672/2011%20EV%20work/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow. That's quite the setup. Given the state of New England charging we might have to set up a local plug share. My guest charging might be a 20 amp circuit near then garage door. 240v if I can wrangle the space (not updating the main panel this time).

essaunders said:
mitch672 said:

Wow. That's quite the setup. Given the state of New England charging we might have to set up a local plug share. My guest charging might be a 20 amp circuit near then garage door. 240v if I can wrangle the space (not updating the main panel this time).

I'm already listed on PlugShare, the official one.

http://www.plugshare.com?charger=405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had the generator already, and the Main service was upgraded from 150A to 200A a few years ago, what's new is the 125A line to the garage, there's an existing 1" PVC conduit which runs from the house's main panel to the garage panel, but its only a 60A service, and its on the generator backup (the entire house is on a transfer switch). But, the generator is only 8KW, so really for running lights, the furnace, refrigerator and a few odd things (sewage grinder pump), it can't run an EVSE. So when the service was being upgraded, I had the CSED put in, which has (4) 2 Pole breakers in it (combined with the meter), the thought was a future line to the garage for EV charging (done), and possibly future solar (I have a tree problem, about 20 of them on a neigboring property, that they will let me take down, its just not cheap), also solar out here doesn't do all that great, our insolation hours are terrible in the winter.

Anyway, thought I would share what I did, and give others some ideas as well.

I ended up putting a 50a 14-50 appliance cord on mine.

Schneider002.jpg

Schneider001.jpg

IMO the SAE has no business regulating any plug in device. Leave it to UL and NEC.
Does it really look like my long cord is about to self combust or become damaged? :roll:

Over the weekend I realized that HD was back in stock with the Schneider Electric EVSE.

Here is a link to the product on HD's website.

I saw only 2 reviews on the product, so I'd encourage anyone that has theirs installed and is happy with it to write a review as well. I learned this past weekend at our National Plug In Day celebration that a large number of EV drivers don't frequent the forums.

Back