Seating surfaces already dirty!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy said:
I just installed the SafeFit Kick Mats. Now I can at least let the kids have their shoes on! Thanks for the tip JPVLeaf!
Andy... Can you post a picture of how those SafeFit mats look in your Leaf? Is it safe to assume they won't interfere with the side airbags? Is there a seat-back pocket that they cover? The SafeFit mats sound great, and for $8 with free (Prime) shipping, the price is right too. I've just about given up trying to get my kids to stop putting their feet on the seat backs...

Didn't see your post until now lemketron...
The Safe fit kick mats only cover the backside of the seats, and each has 2 straps going around the seats to hold them, one at the bottom, and another one at the top (around the base of the headrest). So I don't see how they could interfere with the side airbags. They have a hard edge along the top and bottom to make them stretched kinda flat. "Kinda" because the hard part is in 2 sections so it can fold along the middle, and at the top it does a bit due to the straps being placed wider than the width of the headrest supports. They do cover up a seatback pocket as there is one on one of the seatbacks, rendering it unusable. The width is slightly narrower than the seatback, about 1-2 inches. I think they look OK and do the job. I may post a pic when/if I get a chance.

Would seat covers from a Versa work in a LEAF? I realize they are different cars, but I would guess the seats would be about the same size and/or style.

I bought generic covers for the front seats, but need to get something for the back (since that's where the kids are).

Greg

SteveInSeattle said:
I would like an aftermarket, darker, leather, seat cover. Cover King tends to make them for almost everything, of course they have neither the Leaf or the Juke listed yet. Front row leather covers for a Cube (used as a comparative), custom made to allow for the airbag are $625. As soon as they have them for the Leaf, I'm there. I bought their product for another car and they seem very well made and fit well.
Looks like they have different materials from $150 to $400 for non-leather. But they will not have them for a while - even for other Nissan models like Maxima, they don't have for 2011, just 2010.

Wonder what model Leaf seats match ...

LEAFfan said:
Ohmie said:
If anyone finds a good seatcover, please post. I'll do the same (still looking!).

I've a couple of young kids and we've resorted to taking off their shoes before going in the car! I don't think we'll be able to keep that up for long! If we could just find protection for the back of the front seats, something that can be removed and washed periodically, we'd be pretty much good to go. Right now, the kids naturally put their feet up onto the back of the back seats. If left as is and the kids keep their shoes on, the back of the front seats will get gross pretty fast...

When I get my LEAF, these are the ones I'm buying because they look great, cover the headrests, can be used with side airbags, and have lumbar support.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/sport-trax-seat-cushions/p2009875.jcwx?filterid=c15745j1#prodDetailTabPanel

I just checked with JC Whitney and they said they do not recommend these for vehicles with side air bags, which the Leaf has.

waynor said:
I just checked with JC Whitney and they said they do not recommend these for vehicles with side air bags, which the Leaf has.

I forgot to post that these won't fit the LEAF...too small. But the airbags are no problem because I'm using these in my wife's '09 Corolla. They don't cover the airbag openings.

Back