Seattle Area News: LEAF "Metropool" and Burien Charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLeaf

I've been sitting quietly on this one for a while now, but just received official word that we've kicked off the program so thought I'd share the news: Metro Transit has started offering LEAFs as an option for employer-hosted "Metropools" (aka- vanpools). Available only at select (read= larger) employers, these Metropool vehicles are intended to shuttle groups of 5 employees to and from work with the cars also being usable by the designated driver for weekend errands (yes, there's lots of details as to how this works that I'm leaving out). I've tested out the 5-adult configuration a few times now and, though the car definitely gets cozy with that many big kids involved, it's certainly possible. The only real downside is the lack of appropriate places to put your morning cup of coffee. :p

The other Transit-related news is the opening of the new Burien parking garage with its vast array of charging stations in the basement. The full press release is here, but lacking from the posting is info on the chargers. Consisting of several Eaton L2 chargers, these units are, unfortunately, pay-to-play (via ePort), but at least they accept credit cards so it's not a case of having to carry around an extra fob. I haven't been up to the garage since it opened, so I'm afraid I don't know what the going rate will be for a charge, but I'll at least try to dig around and find the pics that I took of the units and post them up later.

Back