See The Leaf In Person 9/20/10 @ Boardwalk Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting - we see a VIN (that people can use to get an insurance quote) and you also see some weights in LB. What is that ? Is the first one an addition of the next two - in which case they have made a mistake !

GVWR/PNBV : 4322 lbs
GAWR/PNBE : 2203 lbs
RR : 2129 Lbs

nissanvin.png

evnow said:
This is from the Boardwalk Leaf photo ....

nissanvin.png

Isn't GVWR the gross vehicle weight? 4322 lbs? That seems to be hundreds more then we've been talking about. (GVWR is how gross vehicle weight is listed on other window stickers that I've looked at).

LakeLeaf said:
Isn't GVWR the gross vehicle weight? 4322 lbs? That seems to be hundreds more then we've been talking about. (GVWR is how gross vehicle weight is listed on other window stickers that I've looked at).

This would be the gross (max) weight. Another photo shows "maximum 860 lb load with passengers". So, that makes the curb weight 4322-860 = 3,462. May be SL is 3,500.

LakeLeaf said:
evnow said:
This is from the Boardwalk Leaf photo ....

nissanvin.png

Actually we have been talking About vehicle weight. Gross vehicle weight Is the weight of the car plus passengers. This probably make the vehicle lighter than we had thought.

Any thought it was 3500 pounds for the car Normally
passenger weight Allowances is about 950 making the" curb" weight around 3400

For my reference, as well as for others who are not so good with acronyms :lol:

GVWR/PNBV: A gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) is the maximum allowable total mass of a road vehicle or trailer when loaded - i.e including the weight of the vehicle itself plus fuel, passengers, cargo, and trailer tongue weight. [source] In French, this figure is abbreviated as PNBV. [source]
GAWR/PNBE: The gross axle weight rating (GAWR) is the maximum distributed weight that may be supported by an axle of a road vehicle. (In French, this figure is abbreviated as PNBE. [source]) Typically, GAWR is followed by either the letters FR or RR, which indicate front or rear axles respectively. [source]

So, the vehicle weighs a maximum of 4322 lbs fully loaded with 860 lbs of passengers and gear, out of which the front axle can carry a maximum of 2203 lbs and the rear axle can carry a maximum of 2129 lbs. One thing I notice about this is the car is remarkably balanced, with nearly the same weight capacity for both front and rear axles. Since the car has a passenger and cargo combined carrying limit of 860 lbs as seen below, then the car itself weighs 4322 - 860 = 3462 lbs. (must be right, my calculations agree with evnow) :D

clipboard1n.jpg

Gonewild said:
I see on the label the tire size is 205. Not to narrow could have been 195 or something.

Good luck on a 3500 lb car, there are load rating requirements that must be met.

johnr said:

So, the vehicle weighs a maximum of 4322 lbs fully loaded with 860 lbs of passengers and gear, out of which the front axle can carry a maximum of 2203 lbs and the rear axle can carry a maximum of 2129 lbs. Since the car has a passenger and cargo combined carrying limit of 860 lbs as seen below, then the car itself weighs 4322 - 860 = 3462 lbs. (must be right, my calculations agree with evnow) :D

John, your calculations are correct! GVWR - Payload = Curb Weight

LEAFguy said:
johnr said:

So, the vehicle weighs a maximum of 4322 lbs fully loaded with 860 lbs of passengers and gear, out of which the front axle can carry a maximum of 2203 lbs and the rear axle can carry a maximum of 2129 lbs. Since the car has a passenger and cargo combined carrying limit of 860 lbs as seen below, then the car itself weighs 4322 - 860 = 3462 lbs. (must be right, my calculations agree with evnow) :D

John, your calculations are correct! GVWR - Payload = Curb Weight
That calculation gives base model curb weight. Any accessory or option is part of payload.

Did anyone else notice what looks like a regular halogen headlight bulb in the lower, main part of the "LED headlights" ? When will that be used vs. what looks like the LEDs above it?

Back