September 2012 Nissan LEAF Consideration Survey

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwerdna

I just got this survey earlier tonight from Nissan (and they have my info from me going to their Leaf test drive events, having paid the $99 deposit 2x, besides owning 2 Nissans before...)
Dear (my real first name),

In the past, you have shown interest in the 100% electric, zero emission Nissan LEAF.

Nissan is looking to understand if you continue to have an interest in the Nissan LEAF and whether you have any concerns regarding the LEAF and or electric vehicle technology in general.

The information you provide will assist in directing how Nissan communicates with consumers and helps us build and improve upon our vehicles.

Most importantly, the information gathered from these surveys allows us the opportunity and privilege to serve you, the consumer, with the best experience possible.

The survey should take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.

Please click the link below to participate.
Follow this link to the Survey:
Thank you for your time.

Nissan Market Research
IIRC, it was a survey asking about why I might not lease/buy a Leaf, how much I know about the Leaf, whether had test driven one, whether my impressions changed after it, whether I'd been to a dealer to get more info about it, whether I've visited certain web sites for more Leaf info, etc. There were a few questions that might interest people here. I've posted screenshots of those. See https://picasaweb.google.com/105684180251177299188/NissanSept2012Survey?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCN6ahKaVvKnAeg&feat=directlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. You might want to click on Full Screen in the upper left.

One question reminded me of something asked in another survey (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8685&p=193309&hilit=survey#p193309" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). The last image was my selection and ranking. Sorry, forgot to take a snapshot of it unanswered.

I got the same survey tonight as well, even though I'm already a LEAF owner. It was very short, just a few questions. But maybe because I answered that I already own a LEAF, so it might have skipped questions.

Yeah. I'm guessing the survey questions are dynamic (for the lack of a better word). It might ask different followup questions based on earlier answers.

mwalsh said:
As a current owner, mine was just about my environmental leanings and the ICE loaner program. Shortest one I've done thus far.
Same for me:
Thank you for your time and participation.

Your feedback is helping revolutionize the growing electric vehicle market!

When it comes to the environment, what is your personal stance?

o I put environmental concerns at the forefront of my daily life, even if it is sometimes an inconvenience to me or impacts my pocket book
o I consider the impact my actions have on the environment, but only alter my behavior if it’s convenient for me or doesn’t impact my pocket book considerably
o I am aware of the impact my actions have on the environment, but I don’t typically let them influence my behavior
o I do not typically think about the impact my actions have on the environment

How familiar are you with the Nissan LEAF?
o Not at All Familiar o Somewhat Familiar o Familiar o Very Familiar

Which of the following statements best describes your feelings about the Nissan LEAF today?

o I am not at all interested in the Nissan LEAF.
o I am interested in the Nissan LEAF, but not considering buying or leasing one.
o I am considering buying or leasing one in the future
o I currently own or lease a Nissan LEAF.

If Nissan offered a program to Nissan LEAF customers that allowed them to swap their LEAF for another Nissan vehicle for longer trips at no cost, would you utilize this program?

o Yes
o No
o Not Sure

What is your gender?

o Male
o Female

What is your age?
What is your annual household income before taxes?
I assume I got the short version when I answered that I owned a LEAF.

When it comes to the environment, what is your personal stance?

o I put environmental concerns at the forefront of my daily life, even if it is sometimes an inconvenience to me or impacts my pocket book
o I consider the impact my actions have on the environment, but only alter my behavior if it’s convenient for me or doesn’t impact my pocket book considerably
o I am aware of the impact my actions have on the environment, but I don’t typically let them influence my behavior
o I do not typically think about the impact my actions have on the environment

How familiar are you with the Nissan LEAF?
o Not at All Familiar o Somewhat Familiar o Familiar o Very Familiar

Found the first question pretty simplistic.

How about : I'm a scumbag! I consider the impact my actions have on the environment, but only alter my behavior if it’s convenient for me or doesn’t impact my pocket book considerably

WHAT?
Are there no other options here?

How about; I'm pretty fond of the environment AND driving an EV that's charged by a solar array makes me giggle as I drive past gas stations?

Idiots. :twisted:

^^^
Agreed. I didn't like the choices either for the environmental views question.

I answered w/choice #2 even though I'd say I'm somewhere between #1 and #2.

At first I thought this survey might only be for the western region but as a poster from PA and I'm from the Midwest got it as well not so ... no one chimed in if they would take an ICE from Nissan for longer trips option as well as how often might they use it. I thought about this one a bit ... I said yes if offered and about up to two weeks. Even though we currently have four cars (including our LEAF) and three drivers a program like this could actually get me into something smaller (still not sure if it could be another full EV or PHEV though) that would replace our current 'trip' car and use the ICE Nissan option instead. I know we already have dual LEAF/Volt owners but the Volt doesn't simply have the amount of room we need on longer trips and of course unless you seek out getting charged up during your trip, the amount of usefulness of the plug-in portion would be minimal depending on the length of the trip and where you're going. It's great to see they are at least trying to find an underlying 'thing' but if the question path for current LEAF owners is this the only thing we're looking for? Of course no room for free-from responses but perhaps we'll see more of these in the future -- so perhaps our own poll on the subject? I know of course we could still ditch the 'trip' car and rent another for trips but a formal program (depending on cost, etc.) would make things a bit easier as well as promote other Nissan vehicles to perhaps first-time Nissan owners (as is in my case, have owned many other makes and models but this is our first Nissan)

In my case:

Would you be interested in being offered another Nissan for longer trips --- yes

How much would you use it --- up to two weeks

The formulation of the question about the rental program really bugged me. It was (I'm paraphrasing):

1) How many days a year would you use this program?

Answer possibilities were in weeks.

When (if) I used this program, I'd use the car for two or three days at a time and six or eight times per year. So I think they'll get data that is not very useful for sizing the fleet loaner size they'd need. I chose the answer that was about two weeks because we'd have the car something like 12 days a year, but you could also use the data to say that we'd use the car for two weeks each time.

I went to live chat at Nissan with my concern and they didn't know what to do with it. I dropped a line to Nissan USA, but don't really expect a response until next week if at all.

Bad survey IMO

I'm really excited that they're considering a program like this. I'd gladly pay some monthly stipend to have the program available. Something in the range of $20 to $50 per month as a retainer. Hope they can work it out

rdhauser said:
The formulation of the question about the rental program really bugged me. It was (I'm paraphrasing):

oh guess i screwed that up. i was not asked that but said "no" on whether i would use it. i would just take the Prius. since the rental would be free, guessing it would give Nissan a chance to inspect car while i had the loaner and i doubt that gas would be included so i rather take the Prius. after 20+ months, i have never had to do long range in both cars at the same time i doubt it will happen in the future especially considering that there has only been 5 times this year the LEAF was parked for the longer range of the Prius and now with QC it could have been only twice since 3 of those longer trips were south to Portland

^I also said no to the loaner car program; I have a backup ICE car, so what's the point? And if I can only do the exchange at a LEAF-certified dealer, how am I supposed to get there if it is beyond LEAF range?

I guess I can see the point if one wants to use the LEAF in a one car household but that sure doesn't describe most current LEAF owners, including me.

dgpcolorado said:
^I also said no to the loaner car program; I have a backup ICE car, so what's the point? And if I can only do the exchange at a LEAF-certified dealer, how am I supposed to get there if it is beyond LEAF range?

I guess I can see the point if one wants to use the LEAF in a one car household but that sure doesn't describe most current LEAF owners, including me.

you and 75% of the rest of the country either. i also understand the point but i dont know anyone who falls into that category

My wife and I decided to make the LEAF the only car. Probably not many folks that can make that work, but we're one household and it works well for us.

My sort of geeky point about the survey was that they asked how many days and then provided answer choices denominated differently (weeks) which will confuse their analysis.

DaveinOlyWA said:
rdhauser said:

oh guess i screwed that up. i was not asked that but said "no" on whether i would use it. i would just take the Prius.
.... now with QC
I answered not sure, but there was no space to elaborate. If I got a Leaf, I'd almost certainly still keep my Prius. So, the loaner program seems kinda unnecessary for me.

In a previous survey, they also mentioned a loaner program. See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8685&hilit=survey&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

In Nor Cal, the QC infrastructure is still pretty lacking, but at least a few have been added. But then there are issues of QC reliability, availability and cost to charge.

DaveinOlyWA said:
...oh guess i screwed that up. i was not asked that but said "no" on whether i would use it. i would just take the Prius. since the rental would be free, guessing it would give Nissan a chance to inspect car while i had the loaner and i doubt that gas would be included so i rather take the Prius. ...
If I can put the miles on someone else's car, I'm going to do it, assuming the available car gets some sort of reasonable economy. Also, my wife isn't comfortable with driving the LEAF, and her commute is longer than mine, so if I took hers on a business trip, she'd be left driving a car she didn't have confidence in.

davewill said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
...oh guess i screwed that up. i was not asked that but said "no" on whether i would use it. i would just take the Prius. since the rental would be free, guessing it would give Nissan a chance to inspect car while i had the loaner and i doubt that gas would be included so i rather take the Prius. ...
If I can put the miles on someone else's car, I'm going to do it, assuming the available car gets some sort of reasonable economy. Also, my wife isn't comfortable with driving the LEAF, and her commute is longer than mine, so if I took hers on a business trip, she'd be left driving a car she didn't have confidence in.

My thinking exactly.

Back