Simple Idea: Light inside charger port

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moomintroller

Hello to all...

The space in front of my garage where I plug in my Leaf is often quite dark. I have had to grope around with the charger to feel where the charging port is. I seems like a good idea that this area should have a small night-time light to facilitate plugging in.

For the present, I have a small LED squeeze-light that I may velcro in there for a quick light source.

What a great idea. FYI, my 97 Chevy van has a light under the hood (similar feature). It also has a built-in step on the bumper so that you can wash the windshield. I wonder if some creative person could rig a switch that opened when the hatch for the charging port opened.

Did you follow palmermd's link? The light discussed there apparently does that. Actually, I couldn't find that light at our nearest Lowes, and I have now decided I don't need it anyway. After a month's practice I can reliably plug in without even looking. (I do, however, always check the three big charging lights inside the windshield to be sure the car is happy.)

Ray

Back