So long and thanks.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WetEV

No fish involved.

I've just sold my LEAF to my son who has been driving it for over a year.

It's been a nice experience. Should be good deal for son as well.

SOH 83%, 11/12 capacity bars, 77,000 miles.

Still wet, at least today, is raining now.

Hey I just got my leaf, but it seems you been a huge contributer to this community. We hope to see your son here. I wish you the best and I am sure you will be missed

I'm still here. I sold my Leaf to Carvana in June 2021.

I still hang out somewhat at chevybolt.org even though I became Bolt-less on 1/28/22.

WetEV said:
I've just sold my LEAF to my son who has been driving it for over a year.
I hope you gave him a good deal! I sold my Mini Cooper to my son...for the price of a lunch (he has since traded it in on a newer one).
Best of luck to you.

DougWantsALeaf said:
How do you like your etron compared to the Leaf? Can you do over 200 freeway miles on a charge with it?

Different cars, different reasons.

LEAF was bought as a commuter only car, I didn't think the DCQC port would ever get used. Its was to be my "get to work" car, and wife could drive on Thursdays, if she wanted. LEAF exceeded expectations in many ways.

E-tron is exactly just about what I expected, at least so far. A only vehicle for a partly retired couple. Yes, e-tron could get 200 miles at 65 MPH in ideal conditions, and fairly close to that at 75 MPH. However, conditions are often not ideal. However, range of the car is more than range of the occupants, so I'm not pushing range. Wife needs a stop more frequently that the car needs a charge. "Range of car > range of occupants" was the purchase goal, along with space for needed items and comfort. Wife doesn't drive anymore due to medical issues.

150kW charging is nice. And it doesn't taper much until 90%, so I can use most of the battery on longer trips.

I was basically thrilled with the LEAF, and basically OK with the e-tron. That's due to very different expectations and prices.

WetEV said:
LEAF was bought as a commuter only car, I didn't think the DCQC port would ever get used. Its was to be my "get to work" car

I was basically thrilled with the LEAF

That mirrors our experience: Bought cheaply, it has been an excellent city car.
Now that I am retired and we want only one car, the LEAF has to go because of its limited functionality.

Back