2012 Nissan leaf chademo not working

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattLeafzen0

Hello everyone,
I am a newbie to the EV world,I bought a 2012 Nissan leaf with 11/12 bars that has been really fantastic until today when I try to fast charge. It's did the normal handshake, started charging and stopped after few seconds. I tried another charger on the same spot and the problem was the same.I used the same charger last week and there was no problem. AC charging works, but while I was charging with AC 11 kw( my car has the 3.3kw once) I keep getting this message from Leafspy "over ride "Q23_1774.csv."?. Yes or No , I tapped on yes and the charging continues. I am completely newbie with EV and would appreciate all the knowledge I can get with this fault. I love the car and the experience of driving it for the last 2months.

Attachments

• 20240216_180619.JPG
    20240216_180619.JPG
    851.1 KB · Views: 0
Hello everyone,
I am a newbie to the EV world,I bought a 2012 Nissan leaf with 11/12 bars that has been really fantastic until today when I try to fast charge. It's did the normal handshake, started charging and stopped after few seconds. I tried another charger on the same spot and the problem was the same.I used the same charger last week and there was no problem. AC charging works, but while I was charging with AC 11 kw( my car has the 3.3kw once) I keep getting this message from Leafspy "over ride "Q23_1774.csv."?. Yes or No , I tapped on yes and the charging continues. I am completely newbie with EV and would appreciate all the knowledge I can get with this fault. I love the car and the experience of driving it for the last 2months.

I would like to add that I did dtc scan with leafspy and below are the faults codes that I got. I was scared to clear them as leafspy warned not to clear codes that I don't understand as it might become difficult for Nissan workshop to find the codes. Please I need help with the codes faults and solutions. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240217_070050_LeafSpy Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20240217_070050_LeafSpy Pro.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 0
Hello everyone,
I would like to add the dtc codes from leafspy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240217_070050_LeafSpy Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20240217_070050_LeafSpy Pro.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 0
Worth a try clearing and seeing if they come back. Write down the codes you see before clearing, then you'll have a record of them.
If clearing them fixes it, might be a problem with the the 1st FC your tried, and it shut the system off.
The risk in clearing codes is it "muddies the waters" when the next person tries to diagnose, and the codes are gone. Often clearing the code and seeing if the problem comes back is the 1st step to diagnosing anyway. By writing them down, you retain a record, by clearing them you may see the problem go away. If it comes back and with the same codes then you can be fairly sure that something in the system they are pointing to needs a repair.
You are not going to make it worse by clearing and you may make it better.

Worth a try clearing and seeing if they come back. Write down the codes you see before clearing, then you'll have a record of them.
If clearing them fixes it, might be a problem with the the 1st FC your tried, and it shut the system off.
The risk in clearing codes is it "muddies the waters" when the next person tries to diagnose, and the codes are gone. Often clearing the code and seeing if the problem comes back is the 1st step to diagnosing anyway. By writing them down, you retain a record, by clearing them you may see the problem go away. If it comes back and with the same codes then you can be fairly sure that something in the system they are pointing to needs a repair.
You are not going to make it worse by clearing and you may make it better.
Thanks for your response. I screenshot the dtc error codes and then cleared them. I did a new scan and the codes were gone. I charged the car to 100% on my wallbox (92% on leafspy) then drove 93km just to see if the codes will come back. Came home and did a new dtc scan and the errors were gone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240217_155244_LeafSpy Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20240217_155244_LeafSpy Pro.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 0
Check the pins in your Chademo socket on the car, and take a good look at the one you are planning on using at a charging station to make sure they are not damaged. One bad plug with a bent pin can push a mating socket out of alignment.
I think your problems might be solved but a look at the socket will help confirm that.

Thanks, yes I did that, they look clean and in good shape.like you said I think the first FC I tried to used might have some problem that shut the car system. I will be watchful with further FC before plugging to the car.

I don't know if your LEAF has the "lizard" battery introduced in model year 2015. ("Lizard" batteries have newer battery chemistry to combat hot weather degradation.) My 2011 got a lizard battery under warranty in Sep 2015. Its last LEAF Spy Pro reading in Dec 2023 shows 74.75% SOH, 56.62% Hx. Given that, I'd guess that your LEAF probably has the lizard battery.

As for rate of degradation, my Jan 2023 reading showed 76.75% SOH and 56.625 Hx. It's currently at 99125 miles, with 10 capacity bars showing. (It lost the 11th CB about two years ago in Feb 2022.)

I don't know if your LEAF has the "lizard" battery introduced in model year 2015. ("Lizard" batteries have newer battery chemistry to combat hot weather degradation.) My 2011 got a lizard battery under warranty in Sep 2015. Its last LEAF Spy Pro reading in Dec 2023 shows 74.75% SOH, 56.62% Hx. Given that, I'd guess that your LEAF probably has the lizard battery.

As for rate of degradation, my Jan 2023 reading showed 76.75% SOH and 56.625 Hx. It's currently at 99125 miles, with 10 capacity bars showing. (It lost the 11th CB about two years ago in Feb 2022.)
Hello,
My leaf has it original battery. The car was manufactured in Japan 11/2012 but was first registered in 03/2013 as a leased car by my city municipality here in Sweden and was driven mostly for city errants. The car was well maintained with complete service history with Nissan. I bought it in November 2023 with 24000km on the clock, 11/12 bars.81.06% SOH. First bar was lost in 2022 according to service history. It's now at almost 30000km 11/12 bars 81% SOH. I use it mostly for work commute and short distances. I charge to 80% every night.But I know that soon I might lost the second bar so now I try to fast charge once a while to trick the BMS. I have about 5/6 weak cells that is pulling down the battery pack. I will probably go for battery extender @muxsan when the SOH go down to 65/70% and get extra 11kwh to support the pack. For now the range covers all my need , I get 90/93 km in the winter with full charged ( 17.4kwh) 19% degradation. Waiting to see my range in the summer. Overall, I think the cooler weather in Sweden has helped to preserve the battery pack.

Hello,
My leaf has it original battery. The car was manufactured in Japan 11/2012 but was first registered in 03/2013 as a leased car by my city municipality here in Sweden and was driven mostly for city errants. The car was well maintained with complete service history with Nissan. I bought it in November 2023 with 24000km on the clock, 11/12 bars.81.06% SOH. First bar was lost in 2022 according to service history. It's now at almost 30000km 11/12 bars 81% SOH. I use it mostly for work commute and short distances. I charge to 80% every night.But I know that soon I might lost the second bar so now I try to fast charge once a while to trick the BMS. I have about 5/6 weak cells that is pulling down the battery pack. I will probably go for battery extender @muxsan when the SOH go down to 65/70% and get extra 11kwh to support the pack. For now the range covers all my need , I get 90/93 km in the winter with full charged ( 17.4kwh) 19% degradation. Waiting to see my range in the summer. Overall, I think the cooler weather in Sweden has helped to preserve the battery pack.
30,000 km in ten years?!! That's 1864 miles/year. I think I walk more than that in one year 😁 . (J.K. Not really.)

My 2011 LEAF lost its first bar at 16 months old and 16,177 km (10,052 mi), and the second bar at 26,575 km (16,513 mi). I think that your capacity loss appears to be on pace, considering the weather. (I'm in Texas. 🥵 )

Back