SoCal Branch Year 3 LEAF-Gatherings - See Year 4

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dori says the workshop starts at 1 PM, but special people
or aliens, like some that use numbers for names, might
be able to make arrangements with her to meet a bit earlier.

I will be going to Hometown Buffet on 17th street in Santa Ana
before the workshop, to get some of their Mongolian Stir Fry.
I intend to get to HTB about 11 AM, and others are welcome to
join me. My time could vary if you make arrangements with me.

I intend to have a working CANary with me.

I am not a number I am...

My preference is for better food in a less corporate place, i.e. not a chain. I should be able to get to the Cypress area around 11:45am.

N.B. The Health Code does not allow live animals (even birds) in restaurants. The only exception is seeing eye dogs.

91040 said:
I am not a number I am...

My preference is for better food in a less corporate place, i.e. not a chain. I should be able to get to the Cypress area around 11:45am.

N.B. The Health Code does not allow live animals (even birds) in restaurants. The only exception is seeing eye dogs.

Looks like I could join. Plan to come better prepaired to answer grid related questions. ;)

Workshop/Get Together

Saturday, 1PM at In-Transit, 11542 Knott St. Ste 6, Garden Grove CA 92841. Go around to the back.

Be there or be square!

Workshop accomplishments:

LeafyD got her 30A OpenEVSE project finished including display and new firmware. :D
Jeremy got his ICS unit prepped to be converted to a J1772 OpenEVSE. It has a 50A contactor in it but he will dumb it down to 30A. :cry:
Gary showed his CANary Roadkill™ and the data it can provide. :cool:
I got a lot of information confirming what to do on my 75A project and in improving my assembly skills.

Gary- will you confirm the dates for the April meetings? I am assuming 4/13 and 27 but...

The 13th of April at Cerritos and the 27th at Santa Ana seem good to me.
Dori prefers them, you suggest them, so...

any other suggestions or votes?

I will tentatively reserve those Saturdays next month.
I usually juggle the dates to try to miss family holidays,
when many folks would be too busy to attend.

Woo Hoo!! My EVSE project is finished, tested and working! (But not yet installed, that comes after the garage sale and garage clearing) Thanks to the many of you who helped me put my box together, and esp ChrisH GaryG, GlennD, 91040, Solpower and DanB. But to all who participated in the workshops, thanks, they were fun and I hope that we can have more in the future!

Oh, and FYI, it's been posted to the Mitsubishi Chademo thread as well, but all their chargers will be inaccessible this weekend 4/6 and 4/7 due to a parking lot repave.

LeafyD said:
Oh, and FYI, it's been posted to the Mitsubishi Chademo thread as well, but all their chargers will be inaccessible this weekend 4/6 and 4/7 due to a parking lot repave.
Luckily Connell Nissan is up as an alternate. :)

Hey guys and gals (but I suspect mostly guys), I just got my new leaf this past weekend and would love to swing by thus Saturday morning a say hi to everyone. I assume it's still on for the 13th?
Thanks,

Dave

This coming Saturday (the 13th) I plan to bring a CANary (Roadkill, or Pancake
version), and a GizmoV1 to show and use on anybody's LEAF.

Does anybody need me to bring anything else?
If so, please remind me by midday Friday.

We meet at the Hometown Buffet just north of South Street
and about 3 blocks East of 605 (South St exit is about a half mile
south of the 91 freeway) for breakfast, chat, question answering,
and some show-and-tell.

Join us, bring friends, and even family.
Welcome Dave!

I am usually there from 8 until 11,possibly 12 to get
some of the Mongolian Stir Fry.

You don't need an EV to join us, ask questions, and share.

I can make it. I think I'll hit the quick charger first, to see how much my pack heats up, and then you can measure my pack temperature? :)

Back