SoCal Branch Year 3 LEAF-Gatherings - See Year 4

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The June 1 potluck breakfast meetup list at Boomer's is now:
Gary (2)
Dori (2?)
91040 (2?)
JPV (tentative) (4?)
Jeremy (1)
TonyWilliams (1)
GregH (1)

Who's going to be next on the list?

EDIT: By the way, trial rides on a cool electric bike will be available!

Boomer23 said:
Ok, so I think we're settling in on a Saturday June 1 potluck at my house for breakfast, from 8 am to noon. Don't worry if you can only make part of it, you're still welcome. Bring a partner and well behaved and supervised children if you like. Even if this will be your first time meeting with us, please feel free to join us.

We are in Irvine, not far from UCI. Once we get a sign up list, I'll send you address and directions via private message (PM).

Weather should be nice, so we can do an indoor- outdoor event using our patio and back yard. The house isn't huge, but we should do fine.

Solar powered charging will be available for one car at a time on our AV 30 Amp unit, plus some trickle charging as well.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . snip . . . . . . . . . .
a smart group like this - who needs trickle charging. EVERYBODY ... bring your easy 240 boxes - see if we can dim Phil's lights !! :lol:
Hi Phil - call me Johnny-come-lately ... or at least, Johnny come read the thread 4 days subsequent to post. I know we're heading back up to Montana just after June 1, so let me ask "she-who-must-be-obeyed" - who is currently out doing an open house just around the corner. I'll get back later if I'm given permission to confirm - one way or the other.

hill said:
Boomer23 said:
Ok, so I think we're settling in on a Saturday June 1 potluck at my house for breakfast, from 8 am to noon. Don't worry if you can only make part of it, you're still welcome. Bring a partner and well behaved and supervised children if you like. Even if this will be your first time meeting with us, please feel free to join us.

We are in Irvine, not far from UCI. Once we get a sign up list, I'll send you address and directions via private message (PM).

Weather should be nice, so we can do an indoor- outdoor event using our patio and back yard. The house isn't huge, but we should do fine.

Solar powered charging will be available for one car at a time on our AV 30 Amp unit, plus some trickle charging as well.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . snip . . . . . . . . . .
a smart group like this - who needs trickle charging. EVERYBODY ... bring your easy 240 boxes - see if we can dim Phil's lights !! :lol:
Hi Phil - call me Johnny-come-lately ... or at least, Johnny come read the thread 4 days subsequent to post. I know we're heading back up to Montana just after June 1, so let me ask "she-who-must-be-obeyed" - who is currently out doing an open house just around the corner. I'll get back later if I'm given permission to confirm - one way or the other.

Good to hear that you might be coming, hill. Let us know what SWMBO says. Of course, we'd love to see her as well.

Gary (2)
Dori (2?)
91040 (2?)
JPV (tentative) (4?)
Jeremy (1)
TonyWilliams (1)
GregH (1)
Tbleakne (1)
Sparky (maybe)
hill (maybe)

Who's going to be next on the list?

We'll refine potluck offerings in the next week or so.

I will attend if this Saturday's meeting runs long. 11:15am would probably be the earliest I could get there, traffic willing.

Hey, anybody got ~6 feet of 1.5" flex metal conduit for an electric circuit?

Boomer23 said:
Good to hear that you might be coming, hill. Let us know what SWMBO says. Of course, we'd love to see her as well.
SWMBO is meeting up w/ relatives in palm desert, so I'm on! I'll pm for what I ougt to bring for munching.

hill said:
Boomer23 said:
SWMBO is meeting up w/ relatives in palm desert, so I'm on! I'll pm for what I ougt to bring for munching.

Great, you're on the list, hill.

Everyone be thinking hard on what you'd like to bring. I'll put a list here later today and then we can communicate by PM for final choices and address, etc.

Location is in Irvine, not far from UCI, time 8am to noon or as your time allows

EDIT: I'll edit this post with chosen food assignments to keep from having to post a new one as folks claim items.

Boomer (2) - Baked Egg dish, oatmeal, coffee, tea, silverware, cups, mugs, napkins
Gary (2)
Dori (2?) - mini-French Toast, fruit
91040 (1)
JPV (tentative) (4?)
Jeremy (1) - plates, Juices
TonyWilliams (1)
GregH (1)
Tbleakne (1)
hill (1)
Sparky (maybe)

Open potluck items to bring are:
Juice(s)
disposable (recyclable?) plates (I already have juice glasses and hot drink mugs, silverware)
other egg dishes, quiche, etc
breakfast meats
pastries (any kind, danish, doughnuts, muffins)
potatoes (someone brought McDonalds hash browns last time we did this, they weren't bad and they mimic HTB 'taters)
bagels, cream cheese, (and lox if you're feeling spendy)
fruit (in addition to Dori's) melon, papaya, etc
Cheeses
favorite breads to toast
mini waffles
Anything you'd like, surprise us

I'm going to ask to let Jeremy pick something like plates or juices since he'll have been working all night the night before and he's a young single fella and he needs something simple.

Please post your choices on this thread, first come, first pick.

Lots more room for others to join us. Who's going to be next on the list?

I'll send you all address and directions by PM early next week.

Boomer23 said:
. . . . . . . . snip . . . . .

I'm going to ask to let Jeremy pick something like plates or juices since he'll have been working all night the night before and he's a young single fella and he needs something simple.

ok - Jeremy - my neighbor has an 18 year old cheer leader daughter, and if you need simple, she's definately simple. Jeremy ... will that do?
:lol:
(couldn't resist)

hill said:
ok - Jeremy - my neighbor has an 18 year old cheer leader daughter, and if you need simple, she's definately simple. Jeremy ... will that do?
(couldn't resist)
Haha well we do need a good chear leader for EV's that's easy on the eyes. The message is simple... ;) In all fairness I've dated complex and I've dated simple... :roll:

I can get some paper plates, and orange juice? I can also bring some simply limeade which is pretty good too. :)

JeremyW said:
hill said:
(couldn't resist)
Haha well we do need a good chear leader for EV's that's easy on the eyes. The message is simple... ;) In all fairness I've dated complex and I've dated simple... :roll:

I can get some paper plates, and orange juice? I can also bring some simply limeade which is pretty good too. :)

That'll work, Jeremy. You're down for plates and juice.

1 day and 20 hours until our Gathering in Santa Ana,
at the Hometown Buffet on 17th Street, just 2 blocks
East of I-5.

See you there.
I will have ELM327 devices and Android devices.

SoCal Gathering tomorrow morning at HTB on 17th in Santa Ana.

Good food, wide selection, and good company.
See you there, I plan to arrive about 8 AM, and intend
to stay until at least 11 AM, but perhaps as late
as 12:30 PM.

Location is in Irvine, not far from UCI, time 8am to noon or as your time allows

EDIT: I'll edit this post with chosen food assignments to keep from having to post a new one as folks claim items.

Boomer (2) - Baked Egg dish, oatmeal, coffee, tea, silverware, cups, mugs, napkins
Gary (2) - muffins, chocolate , cheese or chocolate cake (????)
Dori (3) - mini-French Toast, fruit, plus a TBD savory dish
91040 (1) - pastries (?)
JPV (1) - fruit, soda bread
Jeremy (1) - plates, Juices
TonyWilliams (1)
GregH (1)
Tbleakne (1) a rice dish
hill (2) potato pancakes (latkes)
Sparky (probably) bagels, cream cheese/lox
Dcpatters (1) tbd

Open potluck items to bring are:
other egg dishes, quiche, etc
breakfast meats
Cheeses
mini waffles or such

Lots more room for others to join us. Who's going to be next on the list?

I'll send you all address and directions by PM early next week.

Gatherings for June, 2013

------ 34th month Gatherings ------
Gathering #34a - a breakfast potluck on June 1st, 2013 in Irvine at Boomer's home, 8 AM to noon.

Gathering #34b - 15 June 2013 in Cerritos at Hometown Buffet.

Gathering #34c - 29 June 2013 in Santa Ana at the Hometown Buffet on 17th street, just 2 blocks East of I-5.

garygid said:
Maybe (do I hear any votes?):

Potato Chips and salsa
Death by Chocolate Cake
Cheese

If cheese is on the ballot, that'll always get my vote! But then again, death IS inevitable, and chocolate cake is not a bad way to go. ;)

Back