Solar Panels

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hill said:
He likely only averages 3 hours per day due to the constant fog and low clouds that the area has ... all four seasons. What a drag, to install so many panels, for what's likely a marginal yield.
Eh, it's not that cloudy there. And with a 36 kW array, that's 7 times bigger than most installs!

Besides, looks nice and clear there right now. System is probably generating well over 30 kW right now - he'll probably generate close to 200 kWh today alone!

http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/douglasn/1/show.html

hill said:
LEAFfan said:
Because of facing West, we only had about 3 hours of solar radiation according to PV Watts. And it will be only around 4 for Feb. It goes to around 8 in May-July.
Don't feel bad, LEAFfan, there's a guy maybe 10 miles away from us right on Newport Bay. He put in a 36.3 kWh (AC) system last year.

http://solarhbj.com/news/newport-beach-homeowner-sees-solar-as-savvy-investment-0903

He likely only averages 3 hours per day due to the constant fog and low clouds that the area has ... all four seasons. What a drag, to install so many panels, for what's likely a marginal yield.

We've been watching that solar installation going in in Newport, we walk Balboa Island nearby often. Facinating setup. Interestingly, due to the size, location and angle of his panels, he's angered neighbors across the channel on Bal. Island because they get reflected sun into their front windows in the late afternoons. I haven't heard much about it recently, though. Maybe the neighbors adjusted to it.

No, it's tied up in litigation...

Boomer23 said:
We've been watching that solar installation going in in Newport, we walk Balboa Island nearby often. Facinating setup. Interestingly, due to the size, location and angle of his panels, he's angered neighbors across the channel on Bal. Island because they get reflected sun into their front windows in the late afternoons. I haven't heard much about it recently, though. Maybe the neighbors adjusted to it.

Back