Spreadsheet : VINs, Delivery Dates, Order Dates etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to pick it up Friday, 2/11/2011. Paid for it but couldn't take it home because the VSP speaker was defective. Dealer said federal law required them to sell it with a working VSP hence I couldn't take it home. Did test drive it with the Dealer however. They expect to get the replacement VSP speaker today. We shall see ... This was probably the least important thing that could possibly break on the entire car.

akohekohe said:
I went to pick it up Friday, 2/11/2011. Paid for it but couldn't take it home because the VSP speaker was defective. Dealer said federal law required them to sell it with a working VSP hence I couldn't take it home. Did test drive it with the Dealer however. They expect to get the replacement VSP speaker today. We shall see ... This was probably the least important thing that could possibly break on the entire car.
I'd ask for a reference to that Federal Law, and why it only applies to the Leaf.

evnow said:
bowthom said:
EV, wow now we have the same delivery estimate. IIRC you WERE 3 weeks ahead of me, I feel special.
Being in OR, you should get the car a little earlier. I'm getting Blink installed this week, how about yours ?

I think it's the other way round, the cars rail to Seattle then truck to Portlandia.

Other than the "media" call I have heard nothing from Ecotality. I suspect since I have a CC and am not "the guy" that I'm not a priority.

The "law" is probably one not specific to VSP, but rather one that requires all factory "safety equipment" to be installed and functional (like seatbelts, lights, turn signals, airbags, etc.) before a dealer can sell the car. The VSP might be classed as "safety equipment".

So, it probably does not matter if the "safety equipment" is required by law, but only that it is "included" by the OEM (like side airbags).

garygid said:
The "law" is probably one not specific to VSP, but rather one that requires all factory "safety equipment" to be installed and functional (like seatbelts, lights, turn signals, airbags, etc.) before a dealer can sell the car. The VSP might be classed as "safety equipment".

So, it probably does not matter if the "safety equipment" is required by law, but only that it is "included" by the OEM (like side airbags).
That makes sense. Also, the manufacturer would probably want cars delivered without any "defects."

There is a law that was passed and signed by the president in December called the Pedestrian Safety Enhancement Act of 2010. There are no regs written yet, however.

bowthom said:
I think it's the other way round, the cars rail to Seattle then truck to Portlandia.
Last time it was the otherway round.

Other than the "media" call I have heard nothing from Ecotality. I suspect since I have a CC and am not "the guy" that I'm not a priority.
I didn't see that you already have your EVSE installed. I guess the priority would be to use Blink to do fresh installs first and then the replacements.

I wonder how Ecotality & AV will handle the large numbers that will come up in April ...

Wow, Looks like my Glacier Pearl SL with the QC and floor mats will arrive at my dealer TODAY (15 February) with delivery to me either tomorrow or Thursday....

I don't have final confirmation that my car is physically at the dealership yet, but a call from my dealer yesterday projected that for today and my dashboard now says "Delivery Feb. 16." That 16 Feb date is also new since late last night the dashboard was still showing "week of Feb. 22."

Anyway, the (long) wait is very nearly over.

What news for John Paul and EVNOW? We were all in the same original and recent "time frame?"

GeorgeParrott said:
What news for John Paul and EVNOW? We were all in the same original and recent "time frame?"
No change here - Feb 28th. Generally Nissan has been giving the est date as 2 weeks in NW compared to CA. So, 28th looks good.

Well, consistent with Nissan consistency, my Glacier Pearl SL with the QC and mats did NOT arrive on 15 February, but it did arrive at my Petaluma dealer (North Bay Nissan) TODAY. I am picking it up tomorrow around 11am and should be back in Sacramento with it by about 3 pm. I am planning on stopping at the Vacaville, Davis St. charge point, for a supplementary charge to make SURE I get home smoothly.

What is the latest with Mr. Zorg, John Paul and EVNOW and your delivery schedule?

I have been parking our Volt on the right side of our garage the last week to get used to having the LEAF on the left, closest to the 220v chargepoint. The Volt will be fine charging in the low rate times on the 110v cord and wall mount system that came with the car (which I have now mounted on the right side of the garage).

I would report the Mark Geller's LEAF also arrived in the same shipment as mine, so North Bay will be delivering TWO LEAF cars tomorrow !

just got my VIN, and the status is now SIT. Does it mean Ship In Transit ?!?

Maybe I will get my red LEAF in March...

GeorgeParrott said:
Well, consistent with Nissan consistency, my Glacier Pearl SL with the QC and mats did NOT arrive on 15 February, but it did arrive at my Petaluma dealer (North Bay Nissan) TODAY. I am picking it up tomorrow around 11am and should be back in Sacramento with it by about 3 pm.
I'm sure I speak for the entire MyNissanLeaf Forum when I say "Congratulations at last!"

Yay! Another Leaf sold. Congratz man! :D

It'll be interesting to see how everything goes in March, if we start seeing the Leafs coming in fast then we know the Estimated Dates are all probably close to correct.

Hey! My LEAF was delivered to my dealer the same day I picked up my LEAF! It was Monday night (Valentine's Day)! Danny at Fontana Nissan got it done for me! I waited until 11 PM until it was charged up! LOVE IT!

Just when I thought I would be getting my car in April, it switches to May! Now I know what it feels like... :roll:

Just checked my account. Carwings was open. Tried to activate it. It took me to the screen showing my VIN (ending in 532). It froze at that point and won't even let me log in again. At least there is some progress.

Back