Surface street traffic status in maps?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Transtead

When I go to Maps in my Leaf, I can see highway traffic status (green/yellow/red lines next to the highway), but streets don't show anything. Does anyone know of an option to show that?

I live in Los Angeles where it's really all about using "surface streets" to get around. So seeing the highway traffic doesn't help me at all.

Nope, it uses primarily street based sensors for traffic flow which only exist on major roadways. For the lesser streets you have to use something like Google Maps which is crowd sourced...

Transtead said:
When I go to Maps in my Leaf, I can see highway traffic status (green/yellow/red lines next to the highway), but streets don't show anything. Does anyone know of an option to show that?

TomT said:
Nope, it uses street bases sensors which only exist on major roadways. For the lesser streets you have to use something like Google Maps which is crowd sourced...
It uses http://www.siriusxm.com/navtraffic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Wow. That's unfortunate. In 2006, I bought my boyfriend a TomTom for Christmas that had highway traffic service. I just bought a revolutionary, electric based vehicle, and the nav tech is 6 years old. Too bad, so sad. :|

This basically bricks two of the buttons. Google on my phone replaces NAVteq "Map" and Pandora on my phone replaces "XM"

Oh well... I don't pay for gas (now skyrocketing because of California's GasAggedon) so who's complaining??

Transtead said:
... Oh well... I don't pay for gas (now skyrocketing because of California's GasAggedon) so who's complaining??
Are we going to put "ageddon" after every minor annoyance like we put "gate" after every political gaffe?

I don't know about youse guys, but Armageddon tired of it myself...

davewill said:
Transtead said:
... Oh well... I don't pay for gas (now skyrocketing because of California's GasAggedon) so who's complaining??
Are we going to put "ageddon" after every minor annoyance like we put "gate" after every political gaffe?

I don't know about youse guys, but Armageddon tired of it myself...

have to agree with ya Dave. unfortunately, we will grumble AND continue to pay whatever it takes to drive our smoking monstrosities so Armageddon it unfortunately is not

Back