Take A Break

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
will be checking on this with my car in a few. but my memory (which is often flawed) says that i must have a Fob to lock the car.

now, i have SO who takes her purse NO WHERE other than the car which has 2nd FOB. as long as i have one, i can lock the car (The Prius does not allow this) but if i dont have one, i cannot lock the car. i discovered this once when we were wearing coats and i took mine off because it was warmer with FOB in pocket.

so the fact you can lock your car with FOB inside and the fact that anyone could just walk up and unlock it tells me that maybe you should re-evaluate your position?

Jimmydreams said:
... About 2 blocks later, I see on the dashboard for a split second a white box, a teacup, and the words "take a break"...

The tea is for the Infinite Improbability Drive.

Could be worse! The Wii Sports (on the Nintendo Wii) suggests you take a break once and a while. First time I saw this pop up on my TV I was trying to figure out why they wanted me to jump out a window? ;)

nintendowii21.jpg

Yes, it's the break timer. You can set a period of time after which it will tell you to take a break from driving. It's documented in the manual and is accessible from the trip computer message cluster. Someone must have turned yours on as the default is off.

By the way, I did a similar thing a few weeks back and left mine on for an extended period. It's documented in a separate thread here... My incident was a little more dramatic though.

Jimmydreams said:
Ok, so here's the scenario...no judging, please:

I don't get the point of this timer. Is it just for fun?

oh, and Jimmy, I've locked the keys in the car. It chirped at me and I figured it out but I see how it can happen. And I think I might've left my car on once overnight just after I got it but it was plugged in.

EVDRIVER said:
FYI- the car beeps at you if you walk away with the car on and key in pocket where it should be. If one handles the key like a car key there should be no issue. I don't leave my car on when I get home and the LEAF functions in the same manner. Keep your key in your pocket.

I usually do. I was in a bit of a hurry at the time and didn't notice that I didn't have the keys in my pocket. I heard the beeps, but because I had a couple dozen things going on in my head, I didn't fully process what the car told me. I checked the doors, they were locked, so I moved on. It was daylight, so there were no running lights or anything visible to indicate the car was still on (aside from the three beeps).

Totally my fault. I think I've tried to get out of the car with it 'running' 3 or 4 times now....I'm sure I'm not the only one who's done that!!! :oops:

Jimmydreams said:
Totally my fault. I think I've tried to get out of the car with it 'running' 3 or 4 times now....I'm sure I'm not the only one who's done that!!! :oops:

you are not by a long shot, just the only one who admitted doing it!!

Just a guess here, but I wonder if Nissan "borrowed" some software/hardware from their ICE line-up and didn't think about the ridiculousness of having a "Take a break" timer on our LEAFs?

LindaK said:
Just a guess here, but I wonder if Nissan "borrowed" some software/hardware from their ICE line-up and didn't think about the ridiculousness of having a "Take a break" timer on our LEAFs?
Most likely. Still funny though. :oops:

91040 said:
"Have A Break"

See Owners Manual 2-23
7. Driver alert
This warning appears when the previously set
time for a break is reached. You can set the time
for up to 6 hours in the setting menu. (See “Trip
computer” later in this section.)

Do they have that feature for this website?

What I really want to know is how and where you could drive the Leaf for six hours and still have any battery left... :lol:

91040 said:
for up to 6 hours in the setting menu.

TomT said:
What I really want to know is how and where you could drive the Leaf for six hours and still have any battery left... :lol:

91040 said:
for up to 6 hours in the setting menu.

Well, after my maintenance upgrade, it now comes on after about an hour but thanks to this thread I hope I can stop it annoying me when I'm 2 miles from my destination. :)

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8043

Nubo said:
Jimmydreams said:
... About 2 blocks later, I see on the dashboard for a split second a white box, a teacup, and the words "take a break"...

The tea is for the Infinite Improbability Drive.
It *is* "shaped like a sleek running shoe, perfectly white and mindboggingly beautiful" after-all ;)

Attachments

• HOG.jpg
    HOG.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 67
No one has connected the tea reference to CHAdeMO yet?

From Wikipedia:

"CHAdeMO is an abbreviation of "CHArge de MOve", equivalent to "charge for moving". The name is a pun for O cha demo ikaga desuka in Japanese, translating to English as "How about some tea?" "

Volt3939 said:

From Wikipedia:

"CHAdeMO is an abbreviation of "CHArge de MOve", equivalent to "charge for moving". The name is a pun for O cha demo ikaga desuka in Japanese, translating to English as "How about some tea?" "

Great tidbit for a trivia question.

Yes, I hear the SAE version is to be called YWFWT (You want Fries With That?) :lol:
TonyWilliams said:
Volt3939 said:

From Wikipedia:

Great tidbit for a trivia question.

Yesterday while driving my 2015 Leaf, traffic on the 5 freeway stopped. For the next 1/2 hour or more I drove 1 or 2 miles and more more than 5 mph. Toward the end of the 1/2 hour mark a beep was heard and the light flashed on my dashboard, Take A Break with a coffee cup.
I was somewhat anxious, I must admit. But then thought, what a great idea to get off freeway and take a coffee break while everyone else stuck on freeway. Well as I knew the carpool lane was only a mile or so away, I stuck it out.
Apparently there was an accident ahead as a freeway sign eventually pointed out. Once in the carpool lane, I was home in about 10 minutes.
I must add my miles available as show on my dash never changed while in gridlock. I wonder how long I could really survive that way. I have heard of people, my wife included, being stuck on a freeway and not moving for hours! What happens to our cars then if you left it on. How would that deplete the battery? I suppose one would probably just shut the down off at some point when everyone else shuts down their gas engine.
:roll:

Back