Temp below 20F - treated it like non EV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMYK4Life

Cold weather is nothing new. Today was well below 20F according to internet, dashboard in Leaf read 10-13F. We had flurries with 10mph wind' a typical Michigan winter

The roads were 'dry' today with overdrafts and black ice.

36 miles round trip
I started at SOC 100%
Drove in 'B' mode
No faster than 60mph, 85% or more was below 55mph.
Heat was on 76F, heating steering wheel on, 90% or more of the time.
LBW @ 16% around mile 35
I reset the miles per kwh a day or two ago, I am averaging 2.7.

This represents a 'longer day' for me in terms of miles driven. I was also intentionally running the heat hotter than I normally do; I wanted to push it. I figure this 36 mile round trip is as far as I would let my wife go in the Leaf alone under the same conditions.

I plan on making a longer range trip later this winter under similar conditions with more conservative use of the heat to see how much distance. I want to see if my son and I can make it to 'grandmas house' ~70 miles away. I am betting we would be best served stopping for lunch in an area with a L2 that I scouted this summer..

CMYK4Life said:
Cold weather is nothing new. Today was well below 20F according to internet, dashboard in Leaf read 10-13F. We had flurries with 10mph wind' a typical Michigan winter

The roads were 'dry' today with overdrafts and black ice.

36 miles round trip
I started at SOC 100%
Drove in 'B' mode
No faster than 60mph, 85% or more was below 55mph.
Heat was on 76F, heating steering wheel on, 90% or more of the time.
LBW @ 16% around mile 35
I reset the miles per kwh a day or two ago, I am averaging 2.7.

This represents a 'longer day' for me in terms of miles driven. I was also intentionally running the heat hotter than I normally do; I wanted to push it. I figure this 36 mile round trip is as far as I would let my wife go in the Leaf alone under the same conditions.

I plan on making a longer range trip later this winter under similar conditions with more conservative use of the heat to see how much distance. I want to see if my son and I can make it to 'grandmas house' ~70 miles away. I am betting we would be best served stopping for lunch in an area with a L2 that I scouted this summer..

just using the steering wheel heater and seat heaters and only using the fan to defog the windows you'll make it with about 13Km to spare apx

I had my 2 dogs (95pounds and 65 pounds)and my self about 230 pounds, I drove a 111Km and had 13km to spare at -6 to-7 C

So after converting units you can indeed make 70Miles but I will tell you, you will hit the low and very low battery warning if traveling at an average speed of 80KmpH (50mpH) any much faster then that you may not make it Oh and this is on realitively level terrain!

Back