Tesla IPO

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LTLFTcomposite said:
Maybe, but I don't think so.

Ask yourself who is most empowered to move this stock higher, and who needs to replace lost income from events of the last several months.

I just asked myself this question - and got no answer :oops:

LTLFTcomposite said:
evnow said:

Ask yourself who is most empowered to move this stock higher, and who needs to replace lost income from events of the last several months.

Tesla's already got their money. Equity investors want it to go higher. Technical investors/traders don't care one way or another.

Am I close? :D

AndyH said:
Tesla's already got their money. Equity investors want it to go higher. Technical investors/traders don't care one way or another.

Don't expect this to drift with the winds of chance.

If you are fortunate enough to see what's happening you might catch the wave and make money. It's all too easy to wind up being the chump though.

evnow said:
LTLFTcomposite said:

I just asked myself this question - and got no answer :oops:

only 1 correct answer: Toyota

LTLFTcomposite said:
AndyH said:

Don't expect this to drift with the winds of chance.

If you are fortunate enough to see what's happening you might catch the wave and make money. It's all too easy to wind up being the chump though.

It sounds like you're suggesting something's on the horizon which might push prices up, and it sounds like you think that's a good thing. If so, it seems you're looking at the stock from an equity increase/capital gains perspective, yes?

AndyH said:
It sounds like you're suggesting something's on the horizon which might push prices up, and it sounds like you think that's a good thing. If so, it seems you're looking at the stock from an equity increase/capital gains perspective, yes?

If something happens that pushes the stock price up it will be a good thing for people who own the stock before it goes up and sell after it goes up. It could be a very bad thing for people who see what appears to be a good thing happen and invest thinking it's the beginning of something good for the long term.

LTLFTcomposite said:
AndyH said:

If something happens that pushes the stock price up it will be a good thing for people who own the stock before it goes up and sell after it goes up. It could be a very bad thing for people who see what appears to be a good thing happen and invest thinking it's the beginning of something good for the long term.

Gotcha - From an equity perspective. Buy/Hold/Pray can be dangerous even if it's not a Tesla IPO. Thanks!

LTLFTcomposite said:
mitch672 said:
only 1 correct answer: Toyota

yes, but not the corporation

Are you saying Toyoda, then ?

ps : Just saw your signature. Not entirely correct - the dead plankton are cooked by earth's heat- which is mostly the heat from big bang and radiation in earth's core.

evnow said:
Are you saying Toyoda, then ?

Nah. I'm not accusing anybody of anything, that would be wrong of me. But I have some experience in this kind of thing and am just suggesting if you don't know what is going on you could get burned.

evnow said:
ps : Just saw your signature. Not entirely correct - the dead plankton are cooked by earth's heat- which is mostly the heat from big bang and radiation in earth's core.

I didn't know that. I assumed the plant and animal junk all grew out of photosynthesis. Of course I wasn't there.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Nah. I'm not accusing anybody of anything, that would be wrong of me. But I have some experience in this kind of thing and am just suggesting if you don't know what is going on you could get burned.
Very true. This game is not for amateurs.

I didn't know that. I assumed the plant and animal junk all grew out of photosynthesis. Of course I wasn't there.
Plant/animals (mostly) grow out of solar power. But once the plants die and settle at the bottom of the ocean, they need to get cooked at high temperatures before they can turn into oil. That cooking heat that is needed (and uses a lot of energy) comes from the core. Think of fossil fuel as a combination of solar & geothermal.

garygid said:
How does one new EV produce 3 (or 4) ZEV credits?
Speculating here ... but maybe it has to do with the size of the battery, which is roughly proportional to range (or calculated proportional via a miles/kWh figure for the vehicle in question). And if range or (indirectly) reduction in total emissions (grams per mile or km multiplied by range) is the goal, then the fact that the Tesla has a more "effective" drivetrain it could count for more than one credit.

Edit: I read the article more carefully now. My speculation may be off the mark, because ONE LEAF also generates THREE credits ! Wonder how many the Volt generates with only half of the battery capacity being used and still running on gas after 40 miles.

Edit2: After perusing the CARB website a bit ... looks like the overall goal is reduction of GHG. Because of transportation's significant contribution to GHG it appears that reductions in that area have the largest ROI, and thus, most likely, benefit from a larger number of credits as an incentive.

Back