The never-ending purchase

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leafkabob said:
Hi Rat,
Wow, what an ordeal. Is it possible that you can view your inspection records online? Here in Phoenix you can look up a building permit by property address. You can then see all building permits on that property. Mine show permits back about 7-8 years. On any given permit, you can read the results and inspector notes and comments. Just thinking you may be able to print a copy of the deficiency report for the next inspection. As I'm writing this I realize the answer is probably no, since the inspector could have pulled up the report on this last visit. Just a thought. :)
Thanks for the suggestion, but the answer is probably no. I'm not going to worry about it. Now that the panel is appropriately grounded and the stucco is sealed, (and I haven't had to pay the final installment), I'm just going to keep driving my Leaf and not worry about it. If the stucco falls off the wall and the panel gets ruined by rainwater then I'll worry about it. For now, the ball is in the electrician's court. The inspector threatened to fine them, not me.

Sometimes it's nice to be living in a middle GA county. I just contacted my electrican and he installed the SPX PowerExpress. Ran a new 50 amp wire (40 amp breaker) from the pannel to where I wanted to put the plug. (Inside my walls) Then mounted the PowerExpress. No permits required. Total cost $150.00 for the electrician and about 850.00 after tax/shipping to SPX. Total cost was under $1000.00 and one day.

I can't believe the gall of the electricians. They sent me a final bill saying the inspector signed off on the final. I was surprised so I called the city. The clerk said no, it wasn't in the computer as approved, and gave me the number of the inspector. When I talked to him he confirmed that it is not approved and said I should ask for the inspection document and not pay. So I did that and the email guy said he knew it was signed off and would send me the proof. A couple days later I got the original card with the inspectors' initials on it (two different inspectors on different days). I examined it and saw that the line for final inspection signature and date was blank and in the notes section was a cryptic comment "C/N final", which based on the previous note from the first inspector meant "correction notice," which is also what the inspector told me and the electrician in lieu of a fine. When I sent an email back pointing this out the company emailed me back saying I was reading the notice wrong, that even though the line for the final signoff was blank, the fact it was initialed in the notes meant it was approved. The billing guy did not talk to either the electrician or the inspector. Not paying. Never got a reply from Ecotality. Saga continues. STAY AWAY from the EV Project!

Sorry about all the electrical problems, We had a similar problem with the panel in our house, undersized and no more room. This is why we went with the PG&E second meter option with a separate panel. The installation was easy and it didn't mess with any of the existing wires.

Venk

It's finally over. The inspector came and signed off on the final inspection on the Blink. The purchasing process is now complete, 7-1/2 months after taking delivery of the Leaf. Whew.

Rat said:
It's finally over. The inspector came and signed off on the final inspection on the Blink. The purchasing process is now complete, 7-1/2 months after taking delivery of the Leaf. Whew.

You should have bought an orphan and an evseupgrade. All that for nothing. Or get something to ward off the mal de ojo:)

Back