The official "I actually have a new EVSE installed" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife made a cover for our AV EVSE. It's made from a lightweight fabric (seems to breathe pretty well). Since I installed it in direct sunlight and they recommend not to do that, we came up with a cover to protect it from the UV rays (since it is made out of plastic). I would say that 90% of the time I charge at night, so I'm not too worried about any heat build up from the sunlight.

-Peter

IMGP5472.jpg

My EVSE was installed yesterday (Saturday, March 19th, 2011).
Leaf delivery scheduled for Week of April 6.

What brand did you install? AV
What was the cost of the EVSE? $721.12
What was the cost of the installation? $2281.36 (total)
Did you get this EVSE through Nissan and AV? Yes

Total cost of $2281.36 breakdown:

$1296.68 - standard installation
$721.12 - charging dock
$150.00 - installation permit and processing
$49.95 - shipping and delivery
----------
$2281.36 - total

- Jim M

DSC_0347.jpg

My EVSE was installed March 8, 2011.
Leaf delivery was on March 3, 2011.

What brand did you install? Blink - EV Project
What was the cost of the EVSE? $0
What was the cost of the installation? $0 (total)
Did you get this EVSE through Nissan and AV? No

prberg said:
My wife made a cover for our AV EVSE. It's made from a lightweight fabric (seems to breathe pretty well). Since I installed it in direct sunlight and they recommend not to do that, we came up with a cover to protect it from the UV rays (since it is made out of plastic). I would say that 90% of the time I charge at night, so I'm not too worried about any heat build up from the sunlight.

-Peter

IMGP5472.jpg

where do you live in Burbank that you put a lock on your shut off for the SOLAR?

I also won the disconnect argument and don't have one.

I do like the meter though, even though the Blink supposedly keeps track of it itself, and may buy one and add it after the fact.

thankyouOB said:
where do you live in Burbank that you put a lock on your shut off for the SOLAR?

Well I wouldn't say it's because of where I live... it was more of a safety thing and for my peace of mind. It's the idea of having an electrical box that can easily be popped open, and with open live connectors in it. Didn't want kids (or some other curious person) opening it up and getting electrocuted.

-Peter

Back