The troops are getting restless!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mynameisjim said:
In my city gas has gone up 30 cents in just a few months and no one seems to care. Will 15 cents spread out over 4 years have any impact?
Exactly.

It is funny that Americans don't mind sending so much more money to Saudi Arabia - but if our own government taxes even a few cents - they are up in arms.

We need a gradual increase in tax until we hit $5/gallon. 5 or 10 cents a month/quarter.

mynameisjim said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
the proposed 15 cent per gallon federal gas tax increase over the next 4 years will go a LONG way towards boosting sales.

In my city gas has gone up 30 cents in just a few months and no one seems to care. Will 15 cents spread out over 4 years have any impact?

oooh i think someone will notice

evnow said:
It is funny that Americans don't mind sending so much more money to Saudi Arabia - but if our own government taxes even a few cents - they are up in arms.
Sad but true.

what_if_solar_was_subsidized_like_fossil_fuels.jpg

lne937s said:
But Hertz put in their order last February and were working on developing the partnership before that to facilitate EV adoption, so they have you beat anyway:
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/02/hertz-rent-nissan-leaf/

Nissan made public arrangements with government agencies and private entities globally as far back as February of 2009 regarding placement of the LEAF. We are so US centric that we forget that there are actually other countries out there, in some instances trying to accomplish the same things that we are.

Nissan is launching the LEAF on a global scale. Name one other manufacturer that can make this claim. Is it any wonder that the launch is moving more slowly than some might like? Someone please show me (anywhere) where Nissan promised delivery nationwide by 2010 or even 2011. Every corporate press release that I have read (and I have read most of them) promised "nationwide rollout in 2012".

When Nissan opened reservations to the general public on May 15, 2010, this press release was distributed one day prior:

The Nissan LEAF begins rolling out to select markets in December, with increased availability beginning in spring 2011, and full market rollout in 2012.

Early hand-raisers were able to reserve on April 20, 2010.This is what Nissan had to say one day prior:

The Nissan LEAF begins rolling out to select markets in December, and will be widely available in 2011.

In almost every press release prior to these two the language almost always included this statement:

Nissan will introduce ZEVs in the United States in 2010 and will mass market ZEVs globally two years later.
(July 22, 2009)

I fail to see where Nissan said (in their earliest press releases) that someone ordering a LEAF (in any state) would be guaranteed delivery by a certain date. Recently they have said that all current reservationists in the first seven rollout states who place an order will have their car by the end of summer 2011.

Jimmydreams said:
Then again, they may see delays just like the Leaf. (insert dramatic pause here)

How many times have you jumped from one line in the supermarket to another because that line is moving faster. Or switch lanes during rush-hour traffic for the same reason? How often does that move REALLY work? Don't buy the Leaf if you don't want to, but don't whine about what they're doing because you don't think other companies will do the same.

Just food for thought.

Apparently, you're likely always in the slowest line

LEAFguy said:
We are so US centric that we forget that there are actually other countries out there, in some instances trying to accomplish the same things that we are.

Nissan is launching the LEAF on a global scale. Name one other manufacturer that can make this claim. Is it any wonder that the launch is moving more slowly than some might like? Someone please show me (anywhere) where Nissan promised delivery nationwide by 2010 or even 2011.
I do not think this can be said enough. Look at the Volt. Imagine how pissed off people would be if Volts were being shipped to Japan, lowering the amount of available Volts in the US. Well Nissan is doing exactly that. How many Japanese people are going to have to wait for their Leaf because cars are going to us, or the UK, or Mexico, or wherever? I know everyone is excited about this car, and it sucks to wait but it isn't a conspiracy, and I wouldn't even say it is poor planning. Nissan is not going to be able to make everyone happy all at once.

Full Disclosure:I am in the half-way postiton. I was able to order my Leaf, but I am in "pending" status and have no idea when I will be getting my car.

JasonT said:
Imagine how pissed off people would be if Volts were being shipped to Japan, lowering the amount of available Volts in the US. Well Nissan is doing exactly that.
Actually, we don't even know that. Nissan is just repeating what it said earlier. Infact, while in the US we will see some cars delivered to individuals now, in Japan individuals won't get cars until some time in Jan.

The problem is - people here are taking Nissan's Japanese announcements at face value and comparing those to ground realities here.

That would make my day if GM actually could export half the production capacity of any vehicle
I bet those car hauling ships would really enjoy a fare both directions

evnow said:
Actually, we don't even know that. Nissan is just repeating what it said earlier. Infact, while in the US we will see some cars delivered to individuals now, in Japan individuals won't get cars until some time in Jan.
Yes you're right, sorry. When I wrote that, I was thinking more globally, not Nissan just keeping cars for Japan. It is absolutely true that we don't know exactly what is going on and that line of mine should have been a little more vague, like "And Nissan may be doing just that"

We should be thankful that Nissan has worked for almost 3 years to help move just a few of our communities toward getting ready for EVs, AND is willing to sell us ANY of the cars we want so much and "our" GM is totally unwilling to produce.

THANKS Nissan, for even considering us!

Back