Things I've noticed about my LEAF after having it for 2 days

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HIOJim said:
tedbe said:
This is one of the reasons I am glad my reservation is still "pending." I can't get over the decision to cheap-out with the seats. Nissan has a lot riding on public acceptance of the Leaf. Using cheap, substandard interior materials and not offering the option to upgarde to something decent is short-sighted and will tarnish the reputation of the Leaf. This is a 35K vehicle, not an econo-box.
No, the Leaf is an econo-box with a really expensive battery.
The Nissan LEAF is classified as a mid-sized car. The Volt is classified as a compact car. :D

An "econo-box" is typically a sub-compact car.

Bassman said:
Since picking up my LEAF Friday, I've notice a few weird things.

Third, The design engineer who decided to put cloth on the armrests should be shot. They might as well have upholstered the armrests with swiffer sweeper cloth.

Just my two cents. ;)

Same goes for the door handles. :roll:

supernoman said:
Hoping for some aftermarket replacements... in the meantime, Scotch Guard does the job:

http://www.amazon.com/Southwest-Specialty-Products-Scotch-Diversion/dp/B0049PM2MQ

DarkStar said:
HIOJim said:
tedbe said:
This is one of the reasons I am glad my reservation is still "pending." I can't get over the decision to cheap-out with the seats. Nissan has a lot riding on public acceptance of the Leaf. Using cheap, substandard interior materials and not offering the option to upgarde to something decent is short-sighted and will tarnish the reputation of the Leaf. This is a 35K vehicle, not an econo-box.
No, the Leaf is an econo-box with a really expensive battery.
The Nissan LEAF is classified as a mid-sized car. The Volt is classified as a compact car. :D

An "econo-box" is typically a sub-compact car.
Since DarkStar has a Leaf and I do not, I will defer to his greater expertise in this matter :)

IBELEAF said:
supernoman said:
Hoping for some aftermarket replacements... in the meantime, Scotch Guard does the job:

http://www.amazon.com/Southwest-Specialty-Products-Scotch-Diversion/dp/B0049PM2MQ

Did you actually check out that product? It's a fake can of scotch guard to hide your valueables. :lol:

Noticed another thing. Why didn't Nissan put a light in the motor compartment??? What if it's night and a main fuse goes out. No light under the hood. I might have to buy one of those stick on lights that you tap to turn on and put it on the hood. ;)

Has anyone actually sprayed the armrests with Scotch Guard yet? I bought a can, but not having used it before, I'm a little wary of spraying it onto the interior with its more unusual composition of recycled materials.

RevBrent said:
Has anyone actually sprayed the armrests with Scotch Guard yet? I bought a can, but not having used it before, I'm a little wary of spraying it onto the interior with its more unusual composition of recycled materials.

I did, no problems. I used Scotch Guard for fabric on the armrest and seats and Scotch Guard for rugs (blue can) on the floor mats, the carpet and the trunk area. Blue can tends to foam up a lot and leaves a white residue, but I just removed the residue with wet cloth, everything looks the same :)

Looks like armrest will require Scotch Guarding every few months.

Have had my Leaf for a whopping 5 days (!) and have noticed that a quick swipe with a baby wipe has easily washed away the smudges my kids have tried to leave on the seats; I just keep a small pack in the glove box now. I'm sure my current obsession with the appearance will wane--it IS just a car, after all! :p

pksd1 said:
cdub said:
That's probably because you're using and iPhone. ;)

I am sure android app will have similar issues when..IF it ever comes, like everything else... :D

Android phone users, I was chatting on-line with a Nissan rep about a week ago and asked when they'd have an app for Android phones like they have for iPhones. The rep asked around and found out that their vendor who develops the apps is already working on an Android version. No ETA on that, but that's good news. Didn't ask about Windows 7 or other phone operating systems

Baby wipes are the secret fix all/clean all. For all of you out there, you should give it a try. Our kids are older now but we still by them for their extreme usefulness!!!

:cool:

Not sure where the best place for this is, but one thing that really irritated me tonight (my first evening with my new Leaf) was the stupid California Hazardous Materials sticker on the inside of the driver's side window. I forgot to ask the dealer to take it off, and it was a real pain to get the sticky residue off the window. I tried a razor blade but it just wasn't working. Goo-gone got the rest of it off, but not without a lot of scrubbing. At least my car has a nice fresh citrus scent now... (sigh)

Back