This car is electric only message....

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, dumb ol' limitations... I could only use 6 characters on my MO license plate, so it's G'BYGAS (had to leave out the "e" in G'bye). I was surprised we had other punctuation choices (apostrophe) besides a dash. I think it works well, though. My twisted brother-in-law told me it says, "Gee, buy gas." (Idiot! HE has limitations! :lol:)

I bought my plate holders from Plug In America (pluginamerica.org) and they say "Drive Electric" and "Dump the Pump." They're basically stickers on the chrome:

http://postimage.org/image/jbx6bxifz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://postimage.org/image/g8ruute3j/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They don't convey a "friendly explanation," as you intend for your message, but they're fun. :)

I also removed the zero emission badge from the right-hand side of the hatch lid and replaced it with "ELECTRIC" lettering. Sorry, no pics. :(

I have two, brand new, never before used license plate frames (see pic) free to whoever wants them. I bought them for my LEAF but decided not to use them. Private message me if interested. Update: These have been spoken for and are no longer available.

image.jpg

Many times I get this comment after someone verifies that
my LEAF is electric: "Oh, just like the Volt, right?".

I guess that "All Electric, Uses No Gas" is not advertised very much.

ericvoll said:
I have two, brand new, never before used license plate frames (see pic) free to whoever wants them. I bought them for my LEAF but decided not to use them. Private message me if interested.

image.jpg

I have this on the rear of my Rav4, and "100% Electric, Batteries Included" on the front bumper.

ericvoll said:
I have two, brand new, never before used license plate frames (see pic) free to whoever wants them. I bought them for my LEAF but decided not to use them. Private message me if interested.

image.jpg
No takers? I seriously want to give them away to someone who will use them.

I initially thought about putting these on my car, or getting some custom license plates; I'm just concerned that by doing so I'll become a target of some gas loving, knuckle dragging, vandal. Update: These have been spoken for and are no longer available.

You could spray them black or cover the "undesirable" phrase with a new label stating other verbiage. The frames I got from Plug In America are labeled, so it might work for you. You might also consider offering them in a new thread with "FREE" in the title to see if there are any takers. If these suggestions fail you, donate them to Goodwill or toss them in the recycle bin.

ialonso said:
not sure where I went wrong... the idea is to bring awareness to the propulsion type. people get "diesel" pretty easy... but electric they still have a hard time fully grasping.

my thought was to create something that looked informational, same as "unleaded fuel only" our diesel only.

I have seen the new diesel labels... only type 2 diesel ,no unleaded.

the sticker is supposed to be informational, even if too institutional...

powered solely by electricity. electric charge only.. Do not attempt to refuel with liquid fuels, not equipped with a liquid fuel tank.

something of the sort....

Thanks for all ideas so far.

In today's America- most people won't read nearly that much text. I make it a point to pay as little attention to bumper stickers, vanity plates t-shirts, etc. as possible. Besides, my identity lies elsewhere.

Back