Trip to Costco

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentr

Went to Costco today and bought our usual grocery stuff. The LEAF's trunk was up to the task and some room to spare. Not shown are two bags of salt for water softener, one huge watermelon and others too many to list. Total is $140 worth.

img0793fk.jpg

Hi trentr, congratulations on your new LEAF. I enjoyed your pic of the visit to Costco. When I go to Costco I have been drving my 2002 Prius, but now your experience shows we can shop with no fears of a space problem. What I want to know is "How did you get out of Costco spending only $140?"

Enjoy your Costco trips in your LEAF. I'm a bit slow, trying to understand the operation of the bells and whistles on the LEAF, so haven't gone to Costco.

More importantly, was there a designated EV charging parking spot? I was under the impression that most Costco's have them.

The Costco in Fremont has an operational AVCON and paddle system. They were supposed to be upgraded to J1772 real soon....

Yes, I parked in one of the dedicated EV parking space next to all the ICE cars parked in there. This is the Almaden Costco and all chargers/EVSE are still the old paddle types, can't wait for them to upgrade it soon.

Yeah, $140 is a little in the low side. I guess i'll try again and see if the $250 visit will fit. :)

I always take an ice chest for the perishables. I should take a shot when I go in a few weeks :mrgreen:

my trips to Costco are only around $50-100 but i go 3-4 times a month. now that Son is older, not doing diapers, wipes and formula. used to go thru a lot of that.

trentr said:
Went to Costco today and bought our usual grocery stuff. The LEAF's trunk was up to the task and some room to spare. Not shown are two bags of salt for water softener, one huge watermelon and others too many to list. Total is $140 worth.

And you still have the "modesty cover" for the trunk. Amazing. I threw that out after the first day. What a useless feature!
-Corwin

corwin said:
And you still have the "modesty cover" for the trunk. Amazing. I threw that out after the first day. What a useless feature!
-Corwin
Not so useless when you have your $1500 company laptop in the trunk ;)

HIOJim said:
corwin said:
-Corwin
Not so useless when you have your $1500 company laptop in the trunk ;)
Yep. Also protects your stuff from the sun. I wouldn't be without one.

corwin said:
trentr said:

-Corwin

Can you UPS it to me? I'll pay the freight. I'll use it as a spare.

AmarilloLeaf said:
corwin said:
trentr said:

-Corwin

Can you UPS it to me? I'll pay the freight. I'll use it as a spare.
Unlike most Americans, to me, "threw that out" does not mean stash it away in the garage. Be happy to provide directions to the landfill nearby. As for sun protection, the overhang above the rear hatch does that quite nicely. And I suppose if I had a $1500 laptop (must be an Apple), I'd wanna cover it with the towel I keep in the trunk. You can carry ever so much more without that panel (easily $300 worth of Costco stuff), and it just does not easily fold out of the way.

Nice photo (original post). My wife and I went to Costco in the LEAF a few weeks ago with our lab in the back seat and a few things already in the trunk to return elsewhere after Costco. We ended up buying way more than expected at Costco (I say that like it's a surprise, even though it is the norm). The Trunk was about as full as yours.

After we got everything in my wife and I both thought about how this would work with a stroller (hopefully in the near future). I'm thinking maybe the organizers would allow us to put things away and allow for a flat surface to align with the inverter hump to take advantage of that.

Any thoughts or experience as to the usefulness of the organizers with a full trunk?

Maybe most Costcos in California. But even there ...
http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/17/citing-a-lack-of-usage-costco-removes-e-v-chargers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mxp said:
More importantly, was there a designated EV charging parking spot? I was under the impression that most Costco's have them.

We got to Sam's Club/BJ's Wholesale a lot (same as Cost Co) so good to see the stuff will fit! I didn't have any doubts, but good for someone else to visually verify before our car comes.

As for the modesty cover I will be keeping mine. I paid $2000 more for the SL and darnit it is staying in place! :lol:

After I tinted the windows, I removed the 'modesty panel'. I have the trunk organizer and unscrewed the strap that holds the lid to make it easy to take off when needed for hauling stuff. With the seats down, it swallows almost anything.

CWO4Mann said:
And several long guns with extra ammo plus the family bug-out kit when TSHTF.

I hope you have some solar panels stashed away in your cabin.. it could be messy when you run out of charge and the zombies are coming after you.. talk about range anxiety :)

Herm said:
CWO4Mann said:
And several long guns with extra ammo plus the family bug-out kit when TSHTF.

I hope you have some solar panels stashed away in your cabin.. it could be messy when you run out of charge and the zombies are coming after you.. talk about range anxiety :)

First thing I thought of was Solar Panels, then proximity to running water (for micro-turbine hydro power) plus large composting bin; plus large bags of slaked lime for disolving said zombie corpses. Then a solar powered whiskey still. Yep, Preppers Rule (well, actually we will rule at the end of the day, but I'll save that explanation for my Faithful Subjects following the Ride of the Four Hosemen). You may rise.

:roll: :lol: :shock: :mrgreen:

Back