Urgent help, 2nd full charge why the range is decreased?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanxushen

I have got a brand new 2015 SL on Wednesday. I don't have a Level 2 installed at my garage yet, so I used a Level 1 to charge my leaf.

This is the 2nd full charge that I have done since I have got my car. When I got my car which was full charged, it shows 165km range. Now after a 2nd full charge, it only shows 140km range.

One more, when I started charge the dashboard told me it will need charge 15hrs for a full charge, but it only charged about 12hrs20min, and it stopped.

I am in Canada so we use Km instead of Miles.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

DTE Distance To Empty is calculated based on what your driving efficiency was on the last few miles.

If you drove through snow, cold, fast, using a lot of heat then your miles per kilowatt hour average will low. The DTE number will be lower.

The battery is likely OK. Get a L2 charger.

+1^, don't worry about it. It's a common freak out for new EV drivers. You have to relearn and adjust. It's called the GOM or Guess-O-Meter. Use the search function for lots of prior threads on this. As you drive, use the SOC % and you'll soon get a sense of your typical range.

The charge time is only an estimate too, although I find the '15 is very accurate on L2. Have you found www.plugshare.com yet?

camasleaf said:
DTE Distance To Empty is calculated based on what your driving efficiency was on the last few miles.

If you drove through snow, cold, fast, using a lot of heat then your miles per kilowatt hour average will low. The DTE number will be lower.

The battery is likely OK. Get a L2 charger.

Thanks for your help. I notices that you have GID posted on your signature, how you get that?

Back