VIN shows wrong model

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

takoyaki

I got a SL model but when I put in the VIN number for auto insurance it shows up as SV. Anyone have same problem, and if so how do i go about fixing it?

I had the same issue on the Geico website. I believe I just left the VIN blank, picked the Make/Model manually, and clicked "Next". Once it complained about the missing VIN, I then put it in and it did not change the SL to SV.

If it hadn't worked that way, I would have just processed the change online with SV and then called in to have someone update it to SL.

popak said:
I had the same issue on the Geico website. I believe I just left the VIN blank, picked the Make/Model manually, and clicked "Next". Once it complained about the missing VIN, I then put it in and it did not change the SL to SV.

If it hadn't worked that way, I would have just processed the change online with SV and then called in to have someone update it to SL.

It's actually not the issue on Geico side I don't think. When I filed for CA rebate, the VIN also showed SV model. So fundamentally I think there's something wrong.

The VIN code for the SL and SV are identical.
All 2011 LEAFs for the USA are this 17-character VIN:
JN1AZ0CPcBTnnnnnn ...
where nnnnnn is the 6-digit serial number and the "c" is the Check-Sum Character (0-9, or X).

So, the 2011 LEAF VIN does NOT show Model (SV/SL) or Options (QC port/not).

garygid said:
The VIN code for the SL and SV are identical.
All 2011 LEAFs for the USA are this 17-character VIN:
JN1AZ0CPcBTnnnnnn ...
where nnnnnn is the 6-digit serial number and the "c" is the Check-Sum Character (0-9, or X).

So, the 2011 LEAF VIN does NOT show Model (SV/SL) or Options (QC port/not).

I see. Then I guess I just let Geico know then. Thx!

Hah! We win - OUR VIN shows up as a Nissan 370Z! Our insurance would have been quite different if we had allowed THAT to slide by.

Back