Vote for me!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
I know we went through how that whole thing at the end of last year of how we really disliked all the folks who would come on here and ask us to vote their entry in the Nissan Drive Electric contests. But this time it's different......it's for me! ;)

Today I heard that I'm going to be a semi-finalist, along with two other contestants (who I'm guessing aren't members here), in the Nissan "The Innovation That Changed My Life" contest, with the voting beginning tomorrow on the Innovation for Endurance Facebook page. Since I would really love to win the Grand Prize iPad2, I will be asking all my friends to vote for me (as often as you're allowed, LOL!).

Hopefully, none of you will have a problem with this, and it would be really awesome if you could vote for me (would probably mean a) being a FB user and b) "liking" the Nissan - Innovation for Endurance FB page). I mean REALLY awesome...you have no idea how much I've wanted an iPad!

I'll stop by again and post the actual link to the voting page as soon as I know what it is. But in the meantime, here is a link to the Innovation Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/innovationforendurance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You would have my vote for all of the information you have given us over the last year. Unfortunately, I do not do facebook. Good luck, Aloha

downeykp said:
You would have my vote for all of the information you have given us over the last year. Unfortunately, I do not do facebook. Good luck!

+1! But I don't do FB either. Can we go there and vote without registering?

Thanks for the votes guys! :D

Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/innovationforendurance?sk=app_281004375258712" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And, yes, that's my entry.....thought shamelessly plugging the LEAF might help me get picked as a finalist! ;) :D

davewill said:
You got my vote...not just 'cuz you're one of us, but because your entry BEAT THE PANTS OFF those other two.

Very nice of you to say.

I must say, as someone with an environmental leaning, the one guy's entry about the clean water technology is very appealing conceptually. And the one guy's entry about cycling endurance training may play well with the IFE crowd. But I do think mine is a very solid entry. And, let's face it, the personal computer has been a massively important innovation for us all!

Thanks for the bump! I now understand you can vote once each day for the duration of the voting period, which is through midnight (eastern) next Monday.

Current total for me as of right now is 153 votes, vs. 5 and 6 for the other guys respectively. But I don't want to count my chickens just yet, and would like to keep the early momentum going for the whole contest period.

mwalsh said:
Current total for me as of right now is 153 votes, vs. 5 and 6 for the other guys respectively. But I don't want to count my chickens just yet, and would like to keep the early momentum going for the whole contest period.

Just submitted my vote for you. You are above 160 votes.
I am old enough to remember log tables, slide rulers and TI calculators, so computers are an important innovation in my life. Great choice, Mike.

linkim said:
I am old enough to remember log tables, slide rulers and TI calculators, so computers are an important innovation in my life. Great choice, Mike.

I still have my slide rule, but I'm not so sure I remember how to use it! :D

If you need a DC power supply for a TI calculator....I just set one out in the garage with a pile of junk electronics for recycling. The calculator itself is long gone, but for some inexplicable reason I never ditched the PS. :)

Back