Want to buy or exchange to upgraded EVSE from Phil

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valuebuyer

Hi Folks
I am wondering if someone is ready to turn in the lease and wants to exchange EVSE cable upgraded by evseupgrade.com (Phil). I just leased a new Leaf and am looking for an upgraded EVSE charger (to 240V). But before I contact Phil and co directly I was wondering of there is one local where I could exchange my factory EVSE + money for an already upgraded EVSE. I am in the SF bay area (South bay).
I apologize for posting it here but I am unable to post this in Marketplace forums. Admins, please move the thread if this forum is inappropriate for this.
Thanks

valuebuyer said:
Hi Folks
I am wondering if someone is ready to turn in the lease and wants to exchange EVSE cable upgraded by evseupgrade.com (Phil).
According to the old Nissan Leaf VIN and Delivery spreadsheet there were only two MNL members who got their car in 2010, and fewer than 50 who got theirs in January 2011. And among the January folk, 70% purchased rather than leasing, among those indicating which they had done. There could have been a few others who were only lurkers, and some who found MNL later, but there was so much anticipation in those early days that nearly everyone posted their status. So I suspect you will need to wait a couple of months before many people are turning in their leases. Meanwhile, you could try PMs to some of the people listed there.

valuebuyer said:
I apologize for posting it here but I am unable to post this in Marketplace forums.
You have to be a forum supporter (i.e. have donated money) to post in Marketplace.

Ray

Even if you found one, the 2013's are capable of charging at a higher rate than the older LEAFs could and any modified unit they had wouldn't be up to full speed for you.

I just leased my LEAF (6.6kW charger) and was wondering the same thing. But I guess that answers my question (1) not enough ppl turning in cars yet, (2) even if you find one, it will most likely be an early version with little juice to take advantage of the 6.6kW charger.

Better call Phil.

None of the EVSE's supplied with the LEAF have been modified to the max speed of the 2013 LEAF with 6.6kw charger. This requires 27.5 amps at 240 volts. The EVSEupgrade is typically modified to 240 volts at 12 amps, 16 amps, 20 amps / 25 amps (2013 Panasonic / LEAF EVSE or newer).

We use the Tesla portable UMC with up to 40 amp capability on he Rav4 EV.

I have an upgraded Gen1 Leaf EVSE I will trade for a Gen2 without the upgrade. It has the 16 Amp / 4 KW upgrade from Phil.

It will not do the full 6.6 KW, but it is close enough to quickly charge the car in around 6 hours if completely empty.

PM me if interested.

Back