Wanting input before purchase

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frayz

Looking to possibly buy a leaf. I currently drive a prius. My commute is long and want to get some experienced leaf owners opinions on feasibility/consistency of making this commute:

45 miles to work (could charge there from 8am-5:30pm usually dont leave for lunch and probably only on 110v)

69-71 miles - work to university. university home.

on flat terrain, in the perfect climate and with some charging at the university, you could do it if you were very dedicated and rarely used the heater.

Not sure how I feel about the volt. It's such small mileage with an inefficient ice. Thougt of a plug in prius but its even smaller EV. Guess ill have to do some calculations

frayz said:
Not sure how I feel about the volt. It's such small mileage with an inefficient ice. Thougt of a plug in prius but its even smaller EV. Guess ill have to do some calculations

if you drive carefully you can get 50 miles of range out of a Volt, afterwards about 50mpg on the hwy if you take it easy.

evnow said:
cwerdna said:
If only the location field were mandatory...
Making a field mandatory isn't useful - unless you can also check the value input is valid.
It is somewhat useful. At least there's a chance it'll be valid vs. us knowing nothing at all.

As it stands, we keep having to ask, make guesses or provide info that may not be applicable to the poster, etc. And, they may never update the field, despite us asking. :(

cwerdna said:
evnow said:
cwerdna said:
Making a field mandatory isn't useful - unless you can also check the value input is valid.
It is somewhat useful. At least there's a chance it'll be valid vs. us knowing nothing at all.

As it stands, we keep having to ask, make guesses or provide info that may not be applicable to the poster, etc. And, they may never update the field, despite us asking. :(

sorry i didn't see the field when i registered.

and i figured "the south" would give a good idea of the lack of charging stations. It's nowhere near california or the NE.

cwerdna said:
If asking is an annoyance for you, then think about not asking.

I don’t mind asking for what I would like to know and I sure don’t think that requiring more info than someone wants to provide should be a condition of participation. Let each person have the flexibility to share as much or as little as THEY see fit.

evnow said:
cwerdna said:

IP address posting from could provide a rough check. While my address is incorrectly located by IP address is off by miles, both at home and at work, it is not off by a hundred miles. And giving a general area (AKA near nearest city or town) is probably all people really need to provide.

frayz said:
and i figured "the south" would give a good idea of the lack of charging stations. It's nowhere near california or the NE.
Go to User Control Panel (near the top right) > Profile.
WetEV said:
evnow said:
cwerdna said:

IP address posting from could provide a rough check. While my address is incorrectly located by IP address is off by miles, both at home and at work, it is not off by a hundred miles. And giving a general area (AKA near nearest city or town) is probably all people really need to provide.
Yep, even just the state in many cases is much better than nothing.

There's a fair amount of time and effort wasted by people reading and responding to posts when we don't know the location of someone asking questions. Those of us in CA have a lot more EV choices due to ZEV CA compliance cars (e.g. Rav4 EV).

evnow said:

I was forced to reveal my secret location.. One thing that works well is to assume the worst locations, such as a summer in Phoenix and winter in Alaska when people ask if the Leaf is a good choice for them... they quickly get the hint in a gentle manner.

Back