West Coast LEAF Relay/Caravan Late Summer '11

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LindaK said:
Hi all,
Looks like this idea is loosing steam. Do we not have one person who can step forward and put in the energy to pull this together? I wish I could do it, but for a variety of reasons, can't take it on. We need a spreadsheet with charge stations meeting points, mileages between stops, and sign-ups for section drivers and back-up (or duplicate!) drivers.

Anybody?
Linda: It is a huge job--bigger than 1 person can manage with a full time job. Lots of people are willing to participate.

I'm actually starting to agree with the Plug In America folks who say the press will put this in the most pessimistic light. Just this morning, on the front page of the San Jose Mercury News, there was an article about SF Bay Area startups working on battery technology. Here is the caption on the graphic: "HOW FAR CAN ELECTRIC VEHICLES GO? Today's electric vehicles are expensive, limited in range, and have few recharging options, discouraging most consumers."

Local events promoting the positive aspects of the LEAF may be better--we are thinking of a mass migration to the Mt. Hamilton Observatory showing how the trip can be done for just a few cents worth of electricity (vs. $8-10 worth of gas).

Hmm, seems like there needs to be more of a focus on just how amazingly this car handles 90% of the driving the average person does around town. I think the relay should be postponed till the DC QC's are in place and we can illustrate just how viable the technology is even in it's first mass production. By some time next year a few Tesla S's and others will could be added to the mix, illustrating the array of options coming out.

then again, we could have fun with a relay this year and purposefully keep it on the down low.

I'm still game if someone is willing to organize, maybe off line! ;)
g

gascant said:
LindaK said:
Hi all,
Looks like this idea is loosing steam. Do we not have one person who can step forward and put in the energy to pull this together? I wish I could do it, but for a variety of reasons, can't take it on. We need a spreadsheet with charge stations meeting points, mileages between stops, and sign-ups for section drivers and back-up (or duplicate!) drivers.

Anybody?
Linda: It is a huge job--bigger than 1 person can manage with a full time job. Lots of people are willing to participate.

I'm actually starting to agree with the Plug In America folks who say the press will put this in the most pessimistic light. Just this morning, on the front page of the San Jose Mercury News, there was an article about SF Bay Area startups working on battery technology. Here is the caption on the graphic: "HOW FAR CAN ELECTRIC VEHICLES GO? Today's electric vehicles are expensive, limited in range, and have few recharging options, discouraging most consumers."

Local events promoting the positive aspects of the LEAF may be better--we are thinking of a mass migration to the Mt. Hamilton Observatory showing how the trip can be done for just a few cents worth of electricity (vs. $8-10 worth of gas).

Back