What are the differences between 2014 and 2015 Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phatcat73 said:
unpublished subtleties that I've noticed from 2013 SV to 2015 S
1) antenna is a generic black (without the blue accent at the top

Yeah, I noticed that right away and it makes me sad. :cry:

I really liked that little bulb at the end. It was quirky and distinctive. It reminded me of one of those deep-ocean fishes with the stalks growing out of their head. Made it easy to spot the LEAF in a parking lot even if the antenna was the only visible part.

485558_389632994488150_385992705_n.jpg

mkjayakumar said:
... The so called mythical lizard battery, is just that unless it is documented officially from Nissan as such. Even then it might mean nothing, unless it proves itself in two or three years time-frame.
I agree it is a bit unusual that Nissan has provided no detailed written documentation that the 2015 has an improved more heat tolerant chemistry.
But not mythical.
Nissan representative BBrockman did clearly state that it is in the 2015 LEAF that went on sale in June 2014 in his post that Nissan would sell replacement battery, and that the replacement battery purchased would be the new chemistry like the 2015.
See:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17168&hilit=+lizard#p374490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now how much better it is only 18 to 24 months heat exposure in Phoenix will tell :cry:

dgpcolorado said:
I believe that the 2015 S model has cruise control standard, which is new. For me that would be a big deal. But if one is considering the SV/SL models then it doesn't matter.

I have a 2015 S, and it does have cruise control.

dgpcolorado said:
I think that all 2015s have a rear camera now, although the screen on the S model is smaller than the SV/SL. Don't think the rear camera was standard on the 2014 S but I'm not sure about that.

SV/SL models = not much difference (save for the lizard battery, which was probably included in the 2014s but not specified).

S model = some improvements in standard equipment in the 2015s versus 2014s

It also has a backup camera and B mode.

I think that all 2015s have a rear camera now, although the screen on the S model is smaller than the SV/SL. Don't think the rear camera was standard on the 2014 S but I'm not sure about that.

SV/SL models = not much difference (save for the lizard battery, which was probably included in the 2014s but not specified).
[/quote]

The rear camera was standard on the 2014 S. I remember seeing the camera in standard equipment list on Nissan's website. My 2014 S has the camera and I definitely didn't pay extra for it.

miclane001 said:

The rear camera was standard on the 2014 S. I remember seeing the camera in standard equipment list on Nissan's website. My 2014 S has the camera and I definitely didn't pay extra for it.[/quote]

The rear camera is now standard. Apart from being smaller, I notice that the S screen's car outline does not bend into the turn like the SV camera that I test drove.

Back