wheel bolt pattern and offset: 2017 vs 2022?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nxGuy

Hi

Our super excellent 2017 Leaf S was just got totalled Friday night when a woman turned left across the intersection where I had a green light.
So we're looking for a 2022 blue 40 kilowatt SV.
I have a set of nice 16" mags that look and work great on the our 2017 S. Does anyone know if the wheel specs have changed with the refresh between 2017 S and the 2022 SV?

thanks for any help and info.

-Peter

As far as I know, they are the same. I have a full size spare that I purchased for my 2011 and keep in my garage in case I need it so I hope it fits the 2019--I should try it some time to make sure. I am sorry about your car and hope you are OK.

thanks a lot for both of your replies!

And I am very grateful that our Leaf took such good care of me in the crash. And even though the other driver was at fault, I am thankful no one in that vehicle suffered any significant injuries.

As a side-note, over the last several months I was extending the distance I would take our Leaf and was using it to travel to cyclocross practices and races outside my local area (but still within 100 miles rt). It was showing itself to be a pretty good "race support vehicle"!

nxGuy said:
thanks a lot for both of your replies!

And I am very grateful that our Leaf took such good care of me in the crash. And even though the other driver was at fault, I am thankful no one in that vehicle suffered any significant injuries.

As a side-note, over the last several months I was extending the distance I would take our Leaf and was using it to travel to cyclocross practices and races outside my local area (but still within 100 miles rt). It was showing itself to be a pretty good "race support vehicle"!

I also love using it in my races, it's very supportive uno online

I'm bumming, my 2014 S just got totaled so I am looking at a 2015 SL. The sad thing is that I just but new 16" Ecopias on my 2014, these are selling for $160 now! The 2015 has nice rims and new but cheap 17" GeoTour tires on it. Range on the GOM is low, I'm convinced because these are not LRR tires. If I get the 2015 I will probably swap wheels to keep my new Ecopias. I'd rather have the range than the aluminum rims.

No compatibility issues swapping wheels, right? How about speedometer calibration, slightly different tire OD?

The wheel diameter will probably change the speedometer and also the odometer. I don't know if that can be changed with LeafSpy or not.

The TPMS system will also need to be programmed to read the new wheels. LeafSpyPro can do that fairly easily but you will need an accurate tire gauge and some way to inflate the tires to the desired pressure afterwards.

Sorry to hear about your car. Good luck with the new one.

The stock 17-inch tires on the 2015 SL are slightly larger diameter than the 16-inch wheels on the S. The speedometer on the 2015 SL should automatically calibrate itself using the GPS in the navigation system after driving for a few miles. I put one size larger tires on my 2015 SL and also on my 2019 SL. I was surprised when the larger tires did not impact the accuracy of the speedometer on the 2015 after the speedometer and navigation system had enough time to calibrate (don't remember how long it took). The odometer calibration will not change so it will register more miles with the 16-inch tires. The odometer on my 2015 SL actually registered a little less distance than actual so the one you are considering might be close with 16-inch wheels.

To my knowledge, LEAF Spy does not have a way to program speedometer or odometer calibration. The TPMS sensors should be the same between 2014 and 2015 so you should be able to get the 2015 to recognize the sensors in the wheels from the 2014 by following the procedure in LEAF Spy Pro.

Thanks for that insight on wheel/tire sizes. I passed on that SL and bought a lovely red SV with 16" wheels Saturday. The tires are new but crappy, not Ecopias nor LRR. I'll swap with my near-new Ecopias tires on the totalled car before insurance gets it.

What did in my original 2014 S was that body shops want nothing to do with EVs. Fire/liability risk is too high. The front collision was small, the plastic bumper was mangled and some underlying sheet metal was pushed back slightly. But the car was fully functional, I could open the charge door and hood and charge the car. Took it in for a wheel alignment and everything was fine. I kept driving it for the 3 months they needed to come up with a repair estimate: $11K USD. The Nissan-recommended body shop said they would first have the dealer completely remove the HV battery before working on it, and replace it afterward. Sucks.

That sucks. I hope you get a fair insurance settlement. It is sad that repair shops and insurance companies are so afraid--LEAF is a strong, heavy car that performs well in crash and is technically straight-forward to repair. My 2011 SL was technically repairable, but the other driver's insurance company thought they could get by cheaper by totaling it because used LEAF prices were depressed at the time due to cars coming off 3-year leases and reputation of deteriorating batteries on early models. I had to negotiate hard and drag out the settlement to get even close to replacement cost--still lost a lot.

GerryAZ said:
That sucks. I hope you get a fair insurance settlement.

Thanks, it actually was fair. They are giving me $7140 for my 2014 S, all total $8100 including taxes & DMV fees. I just paid $7500 total for the replacement, another 2014, 15K fewer miles, same battery SOH (75%) and it's an SV, an upgrade. Probably cost me $150-200 to swap the tires. I'm happy, all things considered. Just a shame no scrap or part out my original car, I would rather have kept it.

Back