Wheel lock , where is the lug nut key????

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mksE55

Great , about to Rotate my tires and I cannot find the wheel lock KEY. I looked in the back where the tire kit is,driver side, I thinks some things are missing. all I have is a black bag with 2 metal rods and the front hook, with screw driver. some electric inflation device, bottle of goo,. where is the jack, where is the wheel lock key. AAAAARRRRHHH help. no luck with the manual either.

:?:

N1ghtrider said:
Smidge204 said:
The LEAF doesn't have a spare tire, why would it have a jack?

=Smidge=
So you can take off the wheel and take the tire off the rim to repair or replace it.

Thank you , or how about rotate your tires. This a a complete factory SL with factory wheel locks from Nissan.

anyone else have the wheel lock option.

mksE55 said:
N1ghtrider said:
Smidge204 said:
The LEAF doesn't have a spare tire, why would it have a jack?

=Smidge=
So you can take off the wheel and take the tire off the rim to repair or replace it.

Thank you , or how about rotate your tires. This a a complete factory SL with factory wheel locks from Nissan.

anyone else have the wheel lock option.

Yes, mine has factory locks, the key was in a bag in the glove box.

N1ghtrider said:
Allow me to rephrase/expand a bit:

Why would the LEAF need a jack when there is no reason to remove a wheel in an environment that would not already likely have all the equipment necessary to do it?

In other words, it's not like people pull off to the side of the highway to rotate the tires, and certainly nobody unmounts/remounts a tire on the side of a road. You do these things in a garage.
=Smidge=

Smidge204 said:
N1ghtrider said:
Allow me to rephrase/expand a bit:

Why would the LEAF need a jack when there is no reason to remove a wheel in an environment that would not already likely have all the equipment necessary to do it?

In other words, it's not like people pull off to the side of the highway to rotate the tires, and certainly nobody unmounts/remounts a tire on the side of a road. You do these things in a garage.
=Smidge=

You can plug a punctured tire on the side of the road, and having the wheel off can make that task easier and safer. But even in the home garage for tire rotations or other work, I'd expect Nissan to provide a serviceable jack that worked appropriately with the car's jacking points rather than having to purchase and/or fabricate a solution.

Some people use a jack to put on chains, fix a hole in the tire, take a tire off for repair and take to gas station, etc. All cars should have a jack.

Well now, that is interesting.
mksE55 and EVDRIVER have wheel locks/keyed lug nuts. Anyone else?
Locks don't appear to be a 2012 accessory and I don't recall them being offered for the 2011.

Bill

smkettner said:
Must be dealer installed item.

yes just talked to the Dealer, they installed them but didnt give me a key. They are suppose to remove them next week and get me a lug key. seems they forgot they put them on. Not big on locking wheel nuts but ok. I didnt find the option or charges for wheel locks on my invoice.

Wheel locks don't work. All you need is a 12 point socket that just small enough to get caught when trying to put it over the lock, hammer it on until it's snug, and then break it free. :ugeek:

N1ghtrider said:
mksE55 said:
They are suppose to remove them next week and get me a lug key.

Why remove them if they are going to give you the lug key? :eek: Or why give you the lug key if the dealer is removing the locking lugs? :?:

'cuz they paid for them. in case they change their mind. My last car had locking lugs but the dealer gave me the non-locking lugnuts also. I eventually swapped them in; the locks are too much of a hassle

Back