Why are most LEAF owners so unpleasant???-

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys and gals: Suggest less person-focus!

It's a lot more interesting to discuss the Leaf! :mrgreen:

gaswalla said:
this is fun.. he was born 10/1/1959, has an ip address out of Danville, CA... there's alot more info out there..
Let us not get to a "outing" and witch-hunt phase. We don't want anyone to lose their job because of a post at MNL.

If anyone is not familiar with the "Transport Evolved" podcast, this week's podcast covers a topic closely related to this particular thread. Specifically; that the automakers are slow to realize that people who buy in to this new technology want a LOT of dialogue from the manufacturer. They are engaged, they're well-educated, and yes, quite a few are engineers!

This would logically extend to the dealership and service staff as they are the "face" of Nissan for the customer once the sale is complete.

So, even if the service manager considers it important that he "doesn't work for Nissan, but the Dealer", that distinction is lost on the customer. A customer who has spent a considerable sum to take a chance on something very new and different. A customer who probably has done TONS more research about the vehicle and its technology than the average car owner.

Anyone truly interested in providing service should try to understand that dynamic instead of pushing back against it.

evnow said:
gaswalla said:
this is fun.. he was born 10/1/1959, has an ip address out of Danville, CA... there's alot more info out there..
Let us not get to a "outing" and witch-hunt phase. We don't want anyone to lose their job because of a post at MNL.
+1!!

...not even someone so unpleasant as the OP, which would only tend to confirm the OP's original hypothesis that most LEAF owners are unpleasant. There are interesting topics to discuss raised by this thread, e.g., which Nissan dealers are especially good and have especially good service departments, which service departments to avoid, does EV's low maintenance schedule put the economics of car dealerships at risk and with what result, does LEAF really have a low maintenance schedule as compared to conventional cars measured in mandatory scheduled costs, and... who's going to call in to Car Talk and ask Tom and Ray Magliozzi for advice on how to change the oil in their LEAF? :)

espo35 said:
Consider that brake fluid absorbs moisture from the atmosphere. Also, consider the power assist on a LEAF is applied via an electric pump versus vacuum assist as found on a gas powered car. Even you non-engineers must know what water will do to an electric pump.

Which is it? First you say that the engineers know what they are talking about (and that we aren't them) and then you say that they don't know what they are talking about when they wrote it in the owners manual. Be consistent. Make up your mind and figure out which one is right. My guess is that your response will be whichever profits you most. That is the type of service writer I don't like... and I do know about service writers as I was a porter at a dealership for 4 years and my father was a service writer for 15 years.

walterbays said:
evnow said:
gaswalla said:
+1!!

...not even someone so unpleasant as the OP, which would only tend to confirm the OP's original hypothesis that most LEAF owners are unpleasant. There are interesting topics to discuss raised by this thread, e.g., which Nissan dealers are especially good and have especially good service departments, which service departments to avoid, does EV's low maintenance schedule put the economics of car dealerships at risk and with what result, does LEAF really have a low maintenance schedule as compared to conventional cars measured in mandatory scheduled costs, and... who's going to call in to Car Talk and ask Tom and Ray Magliozzi for advice on how to change the oil in their LEAF? :)

Can we at least find out what Dealerships he works at to avoid it?

ztanos said:
Can we at least find out what Dealerships he works at to avoid it?
I don't think there is a difference between finding out the dealership & outing the guy.

We have to learn about dealerships by other means (gives me an idea to start a new thread for people to post their experiences at dealerships).

Because this individual was effectively "bullied away" this thread did to him what he was being accused of. My experience moderating on other forums that are more tolerant is that posters tend to actually get more information voluntarily using less intimidation. Just a thought and observation after seeing both approaches used many times over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back