Why are there no fast chargers east of wenatchee, WA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnrhansen

I like to drive to Spokane from Seattle a couple times a year, and I have taken my Leaf, but it has taken 12 hours at least, I have to bring my EVSE and a bunch of adapters with me, and Plan ahead with RV parks to charge along the way. Why do you think no one has installed a couple quick chargers along I90, like at vantage, moses lake, and Ritzville? I see they are building a Tesla supercharger in Ritzville.

johnrhansen said:
I like to drive to Spokane from Seattle a couple times a year, and I have taken my Leaf, but it has taken 12 hours at least, I have to bring my EVSE and a bunch of adapters with me, and Plan ahead with RV parks to charge along the way. Why do you think no one has installed a couple quick chargers along I90, like at vantage, moses lake, and Ritzville? I see they are building a Tesla supercharger in Ritzville.

There are still a lot more urban areas that don't have QC areas. There is only 1 in my entire state in the middle of nowhere... It makes no sense. Tesla is definitely winning the infrastructure race.

Because no one would use them and they are expensive? There needs to be a certain density of EVs before EVSE installation comes close to being useful on a cost benefit ratio. I admire your patience and dedication, but rent a Prius for those trips.

I make that drive at least 3-4 times a year. However, lack of charging infrastructure is one reason we still have a "hybrid" garage. The ICE gets taken on trips like this. I think this will soon change, hopefully by the end of the decade, as the battery and charging tech improve and become more affordable.

If you don't have an ICE or hybrid, I recommend taking the train to Spokane. It's a lovely evening trip (the early morning return.. a different story!).

Back