Why I Didn't Buy another Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as quality, whenever I am riding in my dad's 2012 Prius and listen to the engine kicking on/off and revving with the CVT transmission, it just seems kind of cheap and annoying. By contrast, the LEAF seems silky smooth and refined. If anything, I think the Prius cluster and dash layout, including the screen mode buttons are inferior to the LEAF's.

Nubo said:
A little too much focus and anxiety over the 80% "long life charging" recommendation, imho. Of course it's a good idea if you don't need the full charge. But don't let it run your life. When you get to the point where you're calling it the "real range", you're in a prison of your own design.

I don't hesitate to go to 100% when that suits our needs better, which is common for us on Saturdays and/or Sundays. I time it so as not to let the car sit for too long at 100% Other than that I don't worry about it too much. For one thing it helps keep the battery balanced, and besides it only amounts to a few hours per week that it's actually sitting at 100%. Keep things in perspective. The car is meant to be used.
+1 (or +10... can I do that?), especially when leasing!

But take heart all of you who are a bit disappointed: in a few years, with battery improvements and widespread Quick Charging in place, all these issues will become history.

adric22 said:
lencap said:
In an earlier post I noted that my two month old Leaf was totaled in a flood. I'm awaiting the insurance settlement, which seemed fair, but have decided against getting another Leaf.
I'm curious to know what vehicle you have decided on. Will it be another Prius? Or will it be some type of plug-in such as a Volt or one of Ford's offerings?

Maybe the RAV4 EV would fit the bill? Nearly twice the range of the Leaf and priced in between it and the base Model S.

ELROY said:
As far as quality, whenever I am riding in my dad's 2012 Prius and listen to the engine kicking on/off and revving with the CVT transmission, it just seems kind of cheap and annoying. By contrast, the LEAF seems silky smooth and refined. If anything, I think the Prius cluster and dash layout, including the screen mode buttons are inferior to the LEAF's.

+1 ...except the buttons. Leaf screen buttons are too small.

It will be more than a "few years" but eventually, yes...

mbender said:
But take heart all of you who are a bit disappointed: in a few years, with battery improvements and widespread Quick Charging in place, all these issues will become history.

Back