Will Leaf 110 charger work with other e-car or vice versa?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FremontRider

Hi all. I just bought a C-Max Energi plug in and want to use the 110 charger that came with the Leaf to charge the C Max in the garage and leave the C Max charger in the car so I can plug at work. Will it work? Do you see an issue with it?

My wife drives 16 miles to work so she can use the C Max and I drive the Leaf 50 miles daily. I will definitely forget how to put gas in the car soon.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes: this is why a standard like J1772 was created (and why it's problematic that the corresponding quick-charge standards have not been globally endorsed).
Nice to see your commitment EV's, but I hope you never have to take a "road trip" (now that you apparently don't own an ICE anymore)!

Stanton said:
Yes: this is why a standard like J1772 was created (and why it's problematic that the corresponding quick-charge standards have not been globally endorsed).
Nice to see your commitment EV's, but I hope you never have to take a "road trip" (now that you apparently don't own an ICE anymore)!
They can take any road trip they want! The c-max plug in is a erev that has a 21 mile all electric range followed by a ice range extender.

mortisier said:
They can take any road trip they want! The c-max plug in is a erev that has a 21 mile all electric range followed by a ice range extender.

I wouldn't consider the C-Max Energi an EREV. It uses essentially the same drive system as a Prius Plug-In, only beefed up just a bit. While quite an improvement over the PiP, it still lacks many of the features that would classify it along side a Chevy Volt as being an EREV.

The 2011-2012 Nissan / Panasonic EVSE that comes with the LEAF does not work on the Toyota Rav4 or any Tesla product (the Rav4 uses a Tesla drivetrain). That is because it does not send negative 12 volt signal, per the J1772 standard. Apparently, the LEAF doesn't even look for negative 12 volts, therefore it works in that car.

The 2013 Nissan / Panasonic EVSE should work, however, if there's a problem with the former.

Thanks all!

I consider the C Max Energi as part Volt, Leaf, and Prius Hybrid. If I choose, Auto EV, it acts like a Volt where it prioritizes the EV and limits the use of the engine. In EV mode, it drives like the Leaf. And in EV Later mode, it drives like the Prius.

I like it a lot like my Leaf!

Back