Will these Nissan OEM wheels fit the LEAF?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lion

Size=16x7J
Offset=45mm
Center bore= 66.1mm
Bolt pattern=5X114.3mm

wheel.jpg

These were mounted on an Nissan Altima (not sure about model year). I thought people were using Altima wheels on the LEAF, but the offset/size is making me wonder.

I have 17" wheels, but want to get these for use with 16" snow tires.

Looks right to me, OEM were 16x7 with 114.3 plenty of 45mm offset listed on tirerack for that size that they say fit the leaf.

If you have them already use them. If not consider getting 15" instead it's what I plan to replace my OEM rims with when I get my next set of tires.

The OEM 16" wheels for the leaf are 16"x6.5" with a 40mm offset. I believe all Nissan/Infiniti vehicles use the same center-bore and bolt-pattern (if they're 5-lug). While they're not exactly stock size, I don't see any reason why those wheels won't work.

The main problem is that the specs don't tell you if the wheel has enough clearance for the front brake pad calipers. The Leaf has rather large front calipers, and I've found that many wheels don't have enough clearance for them. Try mounting one on the front of your car and see if it hits.

So can I mount the planned 205/55R16 tires on these 16x7J wheels, or will the increased width be a problem?

I remember reading about many folks using Altima wheels before, but can't find many references to them now.

It looks like 16x6-1/2 OEM wheels can be found on the Nissan Sentra, but are a little bit harder to find. Should I try to get those, and sell the 16x7s (got them for a really good price)?

This site seems to indicate the change is quite significant.

lion said:
So can I mount the planned 205/55R16 tires on these 16x7J wheels
Check the specs for the tires you're planning to use. Each particular type & size of tire has a range of wheel widths on which they can be mounted.

Back