Winter 2013, now which rubber mats are best for a Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marlboro must be on fire with our orders, I just got mine in today. Thanks for the freeship code, that is ultimately why I chose to order from Marlboro. Just like red my box was mangled, but mats were in great condition. I am happy with the fit so far, except for the back seat. I would like to see a set wrap around the side of the seat and over the center hump. The little one's love using every inch back there with their little feet.
On a separate note:
http://www.trunk-liners.com/trunk-liner-products.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these. It may be my next add on.

+1 on Marlboro, my shipping took a bit longer but the box they came in was fine and the mats were good. Much more lightweight than then generic Weathertech's that were in it but these fit much better, those clips on the driver's side keep them in place quite well. Mine is a '12 as well so the passenger front bulges a bit but the back seat ones fill the wells and look great. Let's see how well they hold up but doesn't look like you can go wrong with these this winter.

I sent a request to weathertech also:

Hello,

I'm a new 2012 Nissan Leaf owner, and I would love to put in your mats!

I lease the car, so I'm interested in a full set of regular mats.

I also belong to a Nissan Leaf forum, which has an extremely loyal group of members (also typically highly educated) who are particularly fond of their Leaf's, and I would gladly post a thread to gauge interest. I'm sure it would be high. Also, this is a global car universal to other markets as to interiors.

Forum members recently did a group buy of Wet Okole seat covers, a high-end neoprene custom seat cover that was very successful.

I have been buying Husky weather mats for every car I buy, and now that I am about to get a 2013 LEAF, it looks like I have to break this habit.

It's May 2013, and I'm still not sure what the best option is for the LEAF. I deal with over 200" of snow each season, so I really would like something as good as the usual WeatherTech/Husky liners.

Can't believe that I had no trouble finding mats for my Prius Plug-in, which as far as I know, isn't selling as well as the LEAF, but none of the big brands are selling anything for the LEAF which has been around for several years now.

Well I sent WeatherTech an email asking them if the Versa mats will fit my 13 LEAF and they sent me this!

Leaf_WeatherTech.png

I guess they didn't have time to just say No!

At least you got a response from them, only response I got was from Husky (they tried to get a hold of a LEAF but no luck). Hope something happens before it starts snowing!

I'm seeing a friend who has a Versa on tuesday. I'll bring a tape measure and compare the two. If they are close I'll get the Versa ones.

I asked the dealer where I bought my car (Arlington Nissan, Arlington Hts, IL) if they had all weather mats for the 2013 --- said they would need to order them, but I had to pay in advance (and they could not take credit card info over the phone). So I drove over to the dealer about 2 weeks ago, paid in advance --$97.00 including tax-- and I had them in less than a week. Apparently one color-black.

I have the lloyd mats

http://www.carid.com/custom-floor-mats/lloyd-floor-mats-161257.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No lip, but they truly work well. They fit perfectly in my 2013 Leaf. My only complaint is they stink. It took like 3 months for the chemical smell to go away. I get them wet at the beach all the time.

I sent an email again asking for a response:

Thank you for your interest in MacNeil Automotive.

The Versa hatchback FloorLiners will not fit the Leaf. However, FloorLiners are in development for the Leaf and we expect to have them available within two months. I have added your information to our request file so that you will receive an email when the parts are approved.

Our return policy states that product that is in new and unused condition can be returned within thirty days of receipt for a merchandise refund or exchange. The return shipping costs are at the customer's expense.

Please let us know if you have further questions and we will be happy to help.

Best regards,

Derek

MacNeil Automotive

lion said:
At least you got a response from them, only response I got was from Husky (they tried to get a hold of a LEAF but no luck). Hope something happens before it starts snowing!

That's great news, thanks for the update!

Lasareath said:
I sent an email again asking for a response:

Thank you for your interest in MacNeil Automotive.

The Versa hatchback FloorLiners will not fit the Leaf. However, FloorLiners are in development for the Leaf and we expect to have them available within two months. I have added your information to our request file so that you will receive an email when the parts are approved.

Our return policy states that product that is in new and unused condition can be returned within thirty days of receipt for a merchandise refund or exchange. The return shipping costs are at the customer's expense.

Please let us know if you have further questions and we will be happy to help.

Best regards,

Derek

MacNeil Automotive

lion said:

cardcoin855: Do your mats have a problem with the passenger-side bump in the footwell area? I'm wondering if you have the older LEAF mats, or if they actually made some for 2013. Do you have a part # by any chance?

Mats from the dealer Part # 999E4-8X000; this is apparently for 2012 (shows up on Amazon), and they do not fit the "bump" you mentioned but they have the "lip" to catch water so will do the job. WeatherTech I am sure will be better if they ever make them--tried to post pics but PhotoBucket is down.

Got mine with the car last Dec from Marlboro. Use em all year and love em. Carpet mats will go back at lease end brand new.

If you need something for the hump in back and can't find anything else suitable, how about a piece of heavy vinyl, long enough to tuck under the back mats?

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Got mine with the car last Dec from Marlboro. Use em all year and love em...
And I bought mine on-line from Marlboro Nissan for $81 shipped. If one lives in snow country I can't imagine being with out them. Since I also deal with dirt roads, the OEM rubber mats from Marlboro help with mud, sand, and gravel getting tracked into the car.

It is helpful to have this thread bumped with the 2013/2014 winter approaching and lots of new LEAF owners.

I just ordered these as well. $81 shipped is well worth it, When the WeatherTechs come in I may buy them anyways. FREESHIP code still works.

THANKS!

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
Mats came in today from marlboro nissan. Definitely would recommend, especially with the FREESHIP code.

All the mats fit very well. The passenger side not perfect due to the 2011/2012 change, but the difference is only barely worth mentioning; it's a totally functional fit.

The weakness of course is that the two rear mats aren't quite as extensive in coverage as on a Husky brand mat and, most significantly, are two mats instead of a single covering the middle hump--that is just an awesome thing in the husky mats we don't see here.

That said, the rubber is hefty and thick and the lips particularly for the driver are quite significant, so should hold a good bit of snow run off before overflowing.

dndrich said:
I have the lloyd mats

http://www.carid.com/custom-floor-mats/lloyd-floor-mats-161257.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No lip, but they truly work well. They fit perfectly in my 2013 Leaf. My only complaint is they stink. It took like 3 months for the chemical smell to go away. I get them wet at the beach all the time.

I just got the Lloyd mats, haven't had a chance to use them, but I poured water on them after installing and they hold a full 8oz of water w/o spilling over. They are available in lots of different colors. I got grey for my black interior S, a little brighter than the black factory mats.

Is that 8oz while the LEAF is moving?

That was my concern with no lip, My boots have snow on them, I get in and start driving and the snow melts, while driving the g-forces push the water off the edges and it absorbs into my rugs.

stjohnh said:
dndrich said:
I have the lloyd mats

I just got the Lloyd mats, haven't had a chance to use them, but I poured water on them after installing and they hold a full 8oz of water w/o spilling over. They are available in lots of different colors. I got grey for my black interior S, a little brighter than the black factory mats.

cardcoin855 said:
I asked the dealer where I bought my car (Arlington Nissan, Arlington Hts, IL) if they had all weather mats for the 2013 --- said they would need to order them, but I had to pay in advance (and they could not take credit card info over the phone). So I drove over to the dealer about 2 weeks ago, paid in advance --$97.00 including tax-- and I had them in less than a week. Apparently one color-black.

Are these them?

http://parts.nissanusa.com/nissanparts/index.cfm?action=accessories&makeid=25&manufacturerid=1011&catalogid=211&categoryid=42066&subcat1=0&subcat2=0&subcat3=0&subcat4=0&subcat5=0&modelid=845&siteid=14&itemid=411618&jointvehid=17708&startyear=2013&startrow=1&partnumber=&description=&overlayExtids=&overlayIntids=&retval=index%2Ecfm%3Faction%3Daccessories%26siteid%3D14%26catalogid%3D211%26overlayExtids%3D%26overlayIntids%3D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back