Winter driving

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NNichols

Our first winter was a challenge.

In upstate NY it was a very cold winter. We found with our 2011 Leaf that the seats drew off all our body heat.
It took me a while to discover that heating the car before unplugging, required the smartphone app. Why doesn't the
on-board computer turn on the heater at 6:30am so all is comfy by 7:30?

I've gotten some polyester Fleece to provide insulation for next winter. I switched to 100% chard for the winter.
I'll just accept that I'll loose 20 miles to heating.

NoGas

NNichols said:

In upstate NY it was a very cold winter. We found with our 2011 Leaf that the seats drew off all our body heat.
It took me a while to discover that heating the car before unplugging, required the smartphone app. Why doesn't the

I've gotten some polyester Fleece to provide insulation for next winter. I switched to 100% chard for the winter.

NoGas
It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to preheat up your Leaf using the resistance (ptc) heater. The 100% charge for the battery definitely is a good idea when cold weather hits as range is also reduced not just due to heating the cabin.

NNichols said:

You bought a used 2011 with no winter package? No seat heaters? It would also have no battery heating elements, so leave it garaged if it's below -4 outside.

You should be able to set climate control to preheat for a scheduled departure time. Did it come with a manual?

NNichols said:

NoGas

Yes, this winter was brutal, but preheating makes all the difference. The 2011 has a preheat timer built into the Infotainment system, so you can set it to preheat by 7:30 AM every day without the use of a smartphone.

Back