Cool It (The movie)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite the author's intentions, this movie will give new fuel to climate change deniers. :evil:
mitch672 said:
http://coolit-themovie.com/

playing in major urban areas now... discuss :)

Fabio said:
Despite the author's intentions, this movie will give new fuel to climate change deniers. :evil:
mitch672 said:
http://coolit-themovie.com/

playing in major urban areas now... discuss :)

I have to agree with Fabio. I saw the movie a couple days ago.

His main point is that we can have a bigger impact on reducing global warming by spending less money on simpler and cheaper alternatives than on the CO2 reductions proposed at Kyoto and largely not enacted, even by signatory nations. And he wants the rest of the money spent on direct aid to third world peoples who don't have proper shelter, clean water and education.

But his methods of making his point at the beginning of the movie will be seized upon by global warming deniers and even by neutral reporters who don't want to spend the time to understand his real thrust.

Until I understand how we(earth) repetedly entered and emerged from the various ice ages without mans' help I will not believe in man made global warming or cooling.
We are just along for the ride IMHO. Better to focus on adapting to the climate rather than changing it.

I have not watched the movie or even the trailer.

Who's exactly "we" ? The most recent Ice Age occurred 12,500 years ago.

smkettner said:
Until I understand how we repetedly entered and emerged from the various ice ages without mans' help I will not believe in man made global warming or cooling.
We are just along for the ride IMHO. Better to focus on adapting to the climate rather than changing it.

smkettner said:
Until I understand how we repetedly entered and emerged from the various ice ages without mans' help I will not believe in man made global warming or cooling.

If you'll read up and take full notice...you'll come to see and understand exactly what the catalyst, were and are, that transform the earth's enviroment from 'stable' to extreme and back to stable (in and out of ice ages as you put it). Surely you will agree that mankind ARE in-fact, 'contributors', with our pollution and carbon footprints and just overall general messiness of the care of Gods' planet. To say that there is no/none "global climate change" that takes place is tatamount to admitting willful stupidity. JMHO

smkettner said:
http://www.skepticalscience.com/climate-change-little-ice-age-medieval-warm-period.htm

There are plenty of theories about the causes of previous climate change. Most of them revolve around variations in solar and volcanic activity.

The current warming we are experiencing is attributed primarily to the recent rise in atmospheric CO2 as a result of man-man activities.

Back