Dealers' Demo

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deetime7767 said:
Just faxed off request form to receive our Demo LEAF. Sounds like an early December delivery by the language of the form...?? We'll see.

Cool. Are you getting a single demo leaf or multiple ?

deetime7767 said:
Just faxed off request form to receive our Demo LEAF. Sounds like an early December delivery by the language of the form...?? We'll see.
How exciting! Well that tends to confirm what I read here (http://nissan-leaf.net/2010/09/10/demo-leafs-coming-this-december/): "Reportedly, Nissan looks to start shipping individual dealers their single demo LEAF the week beginning December 6th. (Fair disclaimer: we can not seem to find anyone to officially confirm this date"
Can't wait to read more when it arrives :)

johnr said:
"Reportedly, Nissan looks to start shipping individual dealers their single demo LEAF the week beginning December 6th. (Fair disclaimer: we can not seem to find anyone to officially confirm this date"
Can't wait to read more when it arrives :)

I know this doesn't help much, except for giving yet another data point. This was as of September 20th:

We are just under 3 months away from Demo and Vehicle delivery.....

So that would mean (to me) some time before December 20th.

I bet there is one large delivery of cars for Dec. Of these say 1K cars 10% would go as demo cars some to special deliveries and the remainder to customers. That would mean about 700-800 cars for total delivery to customers and any fleets if that is happening. That is my informed estimate/guess.

EVDRIVER said:
kingwindwardnissan said:
i heard that majority of the first batch of vehicles will be for customers....demo vehicles are last priority.
Unlikely.

Let us say Nissan wants to deliver 500 cars to customers and 50 cars for demos in December.

If they get only 500 cars what will they do ?
- Will they all go to customers, none to dealers for demo
- Will they send 450 to customers and 50 to dealers
- Some split - say 475 to customers and 25 to dealers

I think it will be some split (3).

I say 1000, 100 demos, 100 misc, 800 to "customers" 500 could be to retail customers.

Back