Post Order Changes

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

I am sure many of us ordered our cars without having a chance to see other colors in person. I am one of those who has liked the Red after seeing pictures from the event. I wonder if any of you has been succesful in changing the color? I asked the dealership that accepted the order and they said its "not possible". I have not tried contacting Nissan yet. Has anyone been able to do so and if so,

1) What did you do?
2) Will that affect your delivery date?

Thx

I'm trying the same thing after the red came out. So far no luck, but my dealer is still trying. I'll let you know what happens. I did see on another thread that someone using Avondale in AZ was able to do it, but that's it so far.

I called Nissan's Leaf customer line directly to try to change from silver to white. They escalated it to management, and said it would take a week or so.

csriram45 said:
Hello,

I am sure many of us ordered our cars without having a chance to see other colors in person. I am one of those who has liked the Red after seeing pictures from the event. I wonder if any of you has been succesful in changing the color? I asked the dealership that accepted the order and they said its "not possible". I have not tried contacting Nissan yet. Has anyone been able to do so and if so,

1) What did you do?
2) Will that affect your delivery date?

Thx

I finally saw the Cayenne Red on a 2011 Rogue. I was surprised that it isn't really red at all, but in the sunlight, a light metallic copper color...very beautiful. In the shade, online and in person it looks red or burgundy. So, I asked my dealer to change it and he said he couldn't. I called Nissan and they escalated it which means I should get some news in about two business days. Now, I'm going to be disappointed if they tell me they can't do it. Leon, from Mossy Nissan did tell me that he changed someone's after about two days after ordering. Oh, I told the CS rep that even if it changes my delivery date, I want that color.

DeaneG said:
I called Nissan's Leaf customer line directly to try to change from silver to white. They escalated it to management, and said it would take a week or so.

What number did you call? The chat people don't always have the best information.

Thanks!

It is possible to change the color. My dealer successfully got mine changed to black. It took over a week and I know they had a lot of trouble figuring it out, but they persisted and got it done! I had an 8/31 order and it was changed in early September.

Timaz said:
It is possible to change the color. My dealer successfully got mine changed to black. It took over a week and I know they had a lot of trouble figuring it out, but they persisted and got it done! I had an 8/31 order and it was changed in early September.

My dealer is having a lot of problems with this and has been trying for almost a week. He is going to Vegas this week for another dealer convention so hopefully they can figure it out soon. Still waiting on what my kick plates are going to look like as well. Did your color change on your order details on your account?

Thanks!

Thank you, I'll just keep my fingers crossed now. Not happy with the silver, too light in person compared to what I thought from their website. Family really likes the new red, so we will see. I was an 8/31 order date as well. My dealer called yours, but so far they have not called him back. Hopefully I'll get some positive news soon. Congratulations getting yours done!!! :)

One person at the Test-Drive today wanted to add the QC Option to his SL order, but so far no luck.

I suggested that he keep trying. If the Order has not actually been "scheduled" for production yet, it should be relatively easy to do.

I was able to change and confirm that my color has been changed from blue to glacier pearl. I contacted the Nissan Leaf CSR and they escalated the matter. But through the help of my dealer, they were also able to escalate the matter and have it successfully changed to the color I want. I notified them about a week after placing the order. It didn't show up until about 2 weeks afterwards.

I placed my order on Oct 1 for a blue Leaf, but after seeing the cars in person at the test drive event I decided to go with red instead. So I went into their chat to request a color change. The rep explained that since my "order has been finalized and confirmed, I can submit a request for color change, but we cannot make any guarantee that it will be changed." He also confirmed that my place in line would not be affected. Since it's only been 12 days I expect most likely to be successful. Will post any updates.

I did the chat thing today since my dealer wasn't getting very far with Nissan. For what it's worth they stated that since the color does not change the price, they are trying to get it so it is changeable until they start production. Although, give that we are still waiting on what our options look like and the details on the battery warranty, I'm not going to hold my breath, but I will keep my fingers crossed a little longer!

Ready2plugin said:
I did the chat thing today since my dealer wasn't getting very far with Nissan. For what it's worth they stated that since the color does not change the price, they are trying to get it so it is changeable until they start production. Although, give that we are still waiting on what our options look like and the details on the battery warranty, I'm not going to hold my breath, but I will keep my fingers crossed a little longer!

Glad I didn't hold my breath :!: . Color at this point cannot be changed since in the weeks of trying to get this done, my car has now gone into production :| . Hope they get the process fixed soon, very frustrating for the customer as well as my dealer trying to get it done. Should not be that complicated, but then again I still have no idea what my 3D kick plates are going to look like!! :? :? :?

Back