Can the Fast Charging Port option be ordered w the SV trim?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solarman

I'm going to order the SV trim package - but I'm considering getting the Level 3 charging port also. Is it possible to get this as an add-on to the SV package?

I don't anticipate ever using the fast charging, at least until these charging stations become common. But, I figure maybe some day I could be in a spot where this is my best option. It's also a feature that makes the vehicle more attractive for resale.
I've noticed most LEAF buyers posting here are getting the SL package - is the fast charger the motivation for this choice?

solarman said:
I'm going to order the SV trim package - but I'm considering getting the Level 3 charging port also. Is it possible to get this as an add-on to the SV package?

I don't anticipate ever using the fast charging, at least until these charging stations become common. But, I figure maybe some day I could be in a spot where this is my best option. It's also a feature that makes the vehicle more attractive for resale.
I've noticed most LEAF buyers posting here are getting the SL package - is the fast charger the motivation for this choice?

Welcome to the forum solarman! :) No, it's only available as an option on the SL model. The reason most of us may be getting the SL with DC port is because we are in the EV Project, which makes the port free ($700 option) as well as our charging station.

Yes, the SL package did not contain enough for me to feel it was worth buying it, but I had to buy the SL to get the QC Option, which I really DID want, to facilitate "e-roaming".

garygid said:
Yes, the SL package did not contain enough for me to feel it was worth buying it, but I had to buy the SL to get the QC Option, which I really DID want, to facilitate "e-roaming".

Yes - it made the QC port quite an expensive option.

In my case no. I wanted the additional features so I would have ordered the SL regardless.

Tom

solarman said:

smkettner said:
solarman said:
No QC on my SL

Same for me. I went with the SL because I wanted the backup camera. Plus, If I lease, there's no guarantee that there will even been L3 chargers in DFW before the end of the lease...

I had to!
SL was the only way to get that little Solar Panel on the rear hatch!

Without that, I wouldn't be able to, mmm... something something about solar electricity.
Anyway, if you have to ask what it does, then maybe EV isn't for you, mkay?

:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back