Are you interested in renting Leaf for 2 months ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benj9

Hello Leaf owners!

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!

My name is Ben and I am looking for anyone that would be willing to rent out their Nissan Leaf for about two months starting Feb. 7th. It will only be used for testing and no more than 1500 miles per month will be put on, so 3000 miles total for the 2 months and it will also be used for some red carpet events.

Please message me if you're interested so we can make a deal! I am willing to pay $2000 per month.

Thank you so much!

Ben

This is why we need posting limits folks. This is just the start of solicitations and the like.

If you are thinking, "Wow, that's a lot of money. What could the down side possibly be?". Read the Rairdon's Nissan of Auburn thread.

EVDRIVER said:
This is why we need posting limits folks. This is just the start of solicitations and the like.
Yep, +1 to lock it.

EVDRIVER said:
Yay. Now we have two OT posts in this thread. And it's been bumped to the top of the list twice.

Seriously - you are one of the worst offenders of posting OT material in threads which is worse than just letting it go where these threads would simply just die a quiet death.

(Yes, I am posting OT here to make a point - apologies to those who are annoyed by this)

I wonder if the plan is obtain a LEAF for a "tear down" to see exactly how it's assembled and the components used. Boy would that be great to lease your brand new LEAF to someone and have them strip it and try and reassemble it!

I apologize if I offended anyone. I just thought I would give it a try by asking. This would not involve stripping down the vehicle but just purely for testing.

Thank you!

I had one dealer guy, from Germany, whose client wanted to buy my Leaf (the one I don't even own yet!!!!). For his words, I got the feeling his client was willing to pay way higher than the Leaf's cost...

This is becoming a crazy thing, I believe... people are desperatly wanting to be the first.

Oh, by the way, I turned down the offer.

benj9 said:
I apologize if I offended anyone. I just thought I would give it a try by asking. This would not involve stripping down the vehicle but just purely for testing.

Thank you!

If you wanted to drive it you do not have to pay. Just ask Nissan if your a legit reviewer.

benj9 said:
My name is Ben and I am looking for anyone that would be willing to rent out their Nissan Leaf for about two months starting Feb. 7th. It will only be used for testing and no more than 1500 miles per month will be put on, so 3000 miles total for the 2 months and it will also be used for some red carpet events.
Can you tell a little bit more about what kind of testing you are thinking of doing ?

BTW, can the owner ride along for red carpet events ;)

EVDRIVER said:
I don't mind him asking. But there's no way in HELL I'd take him up on it.

With the right contract in place, I'd take his offer or something like it. Assuming the car is just being driving within normal parameters, and not abused or modified, why not?
$4k for two months? Sounds about right.. $67/day isn't obscene. Not quite enough to go out and rent a sportscar instead, though, so you'd have to want the money more than use of your car for two months.

If you build products around EVs and want some quality seat time and long-term power measurement, your options for getting a Leaf are pretty limited -- especially if you product somehow competes with Nissan's.

The problem is with all the legal stuff -- how would your car insurance work, and what recourse would you have if the car was damaged. What if it was involved in a crime and impounded/confiscated.. that kind of thing.

GroundLoop said:
The problem is with all the legal stuff -- how would your car insurance work, and what recourse would you have if the car was damaged. What if it was involved in a crime and impounded/confiscated.. that kind of thing.
Yep - someone who is a lawyer (or has a lawyer friend who will work for free) can draft the needed contract and require a hefty deposit.

hmmm still have other Pri...

but no. i could not give up my Leaf after this long waiting. as for anyone else who is interested have "them" put full liability insurance on it.

Make sure you write up "Loss of Use" into the contract...you know..for when they wreck it and you have to go a good year without a leaf.

I would want to know more about the testing. I'd be afraid that they would abuse the battery. (6 L3 charges a day :( )

No no no its got to be Ed Begley JR..He wants to show the car off to all of his room 222 classmates.. :)

Back