Flyct
Delivery Date: 02 Dec 2015
Leaf Number: 307113

Seat cover recomendatio

Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:13 pm

I bought a 2018 SV with dark cloth seats. My dog’s white hair is really showing up on the seats. My traded 15 SL had leather seats and dog hair didn’t stick to it.

Looking for recomendation of decent seat covers where short white dog hairs won’t stick to it.

My truck has Carhart canvas cloth covers and that works pretty good. Hair doesn’t stick to it.
2018 Gun Metallic Grey Leaf SV with Tech package and All Weather package
2015 Lexus RX450h Hybrid SUV
2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Crew Cab Short Bed Diesel
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS 5th Wheel RV
Blissfully Retired and loving it!

Lothsahn
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2018
Leaf Number: 007797

Re: Seat cover recomendatio

Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:02 am

Flyct wrote:I bought a 2018 SV with dark cloth seats. My dog’s white hair is really showing up on the seats. My traded 15 SL had leather seats and dog hair didn’t stick to it.

Looking for recomendation of decent seat covers where short white dog hairs won’t stick to it.

My truck has Carhart canvas cloth covers and that works pretty good. Hair doesn’t stick to it.

My Leaf has https://katzkin.com/ aftermarket leather. Really like it--looks like the factory leather, but better. Way better than a seat cover, but not cheap. I think it's probably around $2000-$3000 to do a whole car.

One warning is that if you put Katzkin on and you have a problem with the passenger occupancy airbag sensor, it gets complicated. I've had a hell of a time getting it repaired--I can't just buy a replacement seat from a junkyard (because cloth won't match my leather), the dealership has to perform any seat repairs/swaps (because the airbag has to be matched to the car), interior shops won't work with the non-original seat installed in the car (so getting new leather on is difficult), and repairing the sensor is a $3000 repair. Aside from those downsides, I really like the interior--I didn't even realize it was aftermarket until all this happened--that's how good it looks. Basically, I now drive my leaf with an airbag light blinking because there's no economical repair.

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:55 am

I chose the Wet Okole covers, mainly for durability. I'm not sure where it falls on your "dog hair sticking" scale, but they seem to clean up easily enough and our American Mastiff generates copious amounts of dog-hair. When I want to get them clean, I use a vacuum attachment with a rotary brush. The other anti-dog-hair mechanism is that I chose one of the "realtree" camouflage patterns which make existing dog hair and dirt less visible.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

Silverfish
Delivery Date: 21 Jun 2018

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:46 am

Are seat covers safe to use on heated seats? I used seat covers all the time on my last car and loved them, but have been hesitant to use them on the Leaf because of its heated seats.

Are there brands or types that are okay to use on Leafs? Mine is a 2013 SV.

Darryl
Delivery Date: 12 Mar 2015

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:20 am

I also love my https://www.wetokole.com/ seatcovers for both of my cars and love them. They fit well and clean easily. However I do not have a dog to vouch for how they would react to the dog hair. I have seen an occasional hair get "stuck" on the seat that my vacuum did not remove. I had to pull it out by hand. However my vacuum does not have the rotary brush like Nubo's.

Are seat covers safe to use on heated seats?

Absolutely! My Wet Okole seat covers have not shown any damage from the seat created from the heated seats. I would think the seat covers/car gets hotter during the summer months sitting in the sun.

Many brands make custom fit seat covers for the 2013 Nissan Leaf. The should all be "okay" to use. It is just a matter of preference and budget.
2012 Nissan Leaf SL w 54900 miles SOH 60%. Lost four bars.

Silverfish
Delivery Date: 21 Jun 2018

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:13 am

Darryl wrote:I also love my https://www.wetokole.com/ seatcovers for both of my cars and love them. They fit well and clean easily. However I do not have a dog to vouch for how they would react to the dog hair. I have seen an occasional hair get "stuck" on the seat that my vacuum did not remove. I had to pull it out by hand. However my vacuum does not have the rotary brush like Nubo's.

Are seat covers safe to use on heated seats?

Absolutely! My Wet Okole seat covers have not shown any damage from the seat created from the heated seats. I would think the seat covers/car gets hotter during the summer months sitting in the sun.

Many brands make custom fit seat covers for the 2013 Nissan Leaf. The should all be "okay" to use. It is just a matter of preference and budget.

Thanks. I don't think the concern is that the seat covers would take damage, but that somehow it would be bad for the seat heater. Not sure though. I'll take a look around.

Mathee
Delivery Date: 02 Jul 1970

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:24 am

I have Coverking Cordura Ballistic Custom Seat Covers on the rear. Work great, fit well. All seat belts are still easily accessible.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”