LEAF For Sale

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEAFInCA

I just got a call tonight that my LEAF is at my dealer and ready for a delivery tomorrow, 4/29. While I really want it, I am not sure that economically it makes sense for me right now. It is black SL with the QC port. If you are interested, drop me a line. I am in SoCal.

This is my exact configuration.. Currently I'm at "month of May"..

What are you planning on doing with it? I know you were contemplating a few different options... Are you just going to cancel and release to the dealer, or are you planning to buy it and resell?

What dealer are you with?

xtremeflyer said:
This is my exact configuration.. Currently I'm at "month of May"..

What are you planning on doing with it? I know you were contemplating a few different options... Are you just going to cancel and release to the dealer, or are you planning to buy it and resell?

What dealer are you with?

I honestly have no idea. I think I was in denial and not wanting to think about it.

My delivery date had been stuck on April 6th for weeks. Today I checked and my dashboard had changed to May 5th. Then I got a call from my dealer saying that it was in.

I am somewhat surprised that when I offered that someone could pick up a LEAF today, that there really didn't seem to be much interest. Is everyone simply content waiting for their vehicles or is interest already waining in the vehicle?

LEAFInCA said:
I am somewhat surprised that when I offered that someone could pick up a LEAF today, that there really didn't seem to be much interest. Is everyone simply content waiting for their vehicles or is interest already waining in the vehicle?
You want honest? I resent that you took a place in line that should have gone to someone who actually wanted the car. I have no interest in watching you gouge someone.

BTW, even your user name looks like an ad.

LEAFInCA said:
You haven't given enough details on the car to generate interest. Dealership the LEAF is at, what you want in return would be nice to know.

Have had lots of people want to sell their LEAF, but nearly all want thousands in return for the privilege.

I would say that the OP seems to want something ($$?) but is being very vague. The usual MNL folks are pretty straight-up frugal types and definitely NOT interested in games. A quick search should show that others have tried to profit from a reservation/approaching delivery. I am not aware of any actually working out. Hence, the lack of interest.

The procedure if you decide you don't want the car is to go to your dashboard and cancel the order. You'll be directed to call the EV center number and they will re-enable your account to that it can be cancelled.

You are under no obligation to purchase the car, you signed no contract to purchase the car, and your dealer should not be applying any pressure to you to purchase the car. You don't even have to give a reason - just decide that you don't want it.

After that it is up to the dealer to sell the car.

Even if you found someone here who wanted the car, the dealer is under no obligation to sell to "your buyer".

If you intended to purchase and then resell - you'll likely have to come up with cash to pay the full price of the car, and the private purchaser tends to need cash too to make the thing go smoothly. It's tough to sell your car before you actually get all of the paperwork back from the state if it is a private sale.

If you think you're going to collect a "finder's fee" from the dealer or a purchaser for finding someone to buy the car - that's someone silly as there is a waiting line for the car so finding real purchasers isn't very hard.

Wow...I was vague because I honestly had not decided what to do with it. I thought I would offer it up here but if nobody wants it, that is fine.

LEAFInCA said:
Wow...I was vague because I honestly had not decided what to do with it. I thought I would offer it up here but if nobody wants it, that is fine.
I think most people waiting for their LEAF have been yanked around by Nissan's screw-ups and archaic delivery timing estimations so much that they are not willing to deal with any other uncertainties.

I know I am.

LEAFInCA said:

??? Your order is for YOU to buy the car only. You need to buy it or orphan it. There is no such thing as "offering it up". If you don't buy it you will not have a say in who gets it. This is why people are not beating down your In Box.

Back